• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Dec 12 - 18

human5892 said:
Are you sure your ass can handle that much pulled out of it at once?

Everything being said regarding the DS --> Revolution relationship is pure speculation, so perhaps you should ask that same question to the people who've been answering it alongside with me.

polg

Smiles and Cries said:
where is our traditional Easter Chart?

Who was that dude with the beautiful weekly chart update?

can't wait to see those beautiful peaks :D

that's culex...

I think 600K was the limit in his chart :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
human5892 said:
I think someone mentioned that they'll stop tracking Xbox beginning in 2006, especially now that the 360 is out. You're right, though -- they really could've stopped long before.
I guessed that, we don't know for sure.

PezRadar said:
Omg culex we need your chart lol :p
Didn't culex say he was shipping out early in the new year? What will you people do without his chart once he's gone? Who's going to take over?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
PhoenixDark said:
Xbox 360: "Next gen doesn't matter...at least we won WWII!"

:lol :lol :lol Genius.

ANd WOWEEE at those DS sales. PSP sales are great too considering there was nothing released. Seriously, what the hell are people buying it for? At least here in Amerikaa people are buying UMDS, but last I heard, they never took off in Japan. Les' I'm mistaken...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oblivion said:
PSP sales are great too considering there was nothing released.
Karakuri, Piposaru Academia 2, Irregular Hunter X, and Exit am cry.

I wonder if Byte Hell 2000, Katamari, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner, and Nobunaga no Yabou will help. My guess is that they will all sadly fail thanks to the KHII hype this week. Nintendo was smart not to release any game against it or I think we might've seen Mario & Luigi 2 as well as Brain Training 2 a week eariler.

Do the Japanese like the console with the worst graphics?

Graphics
PS2 < GC/Xbox

Graphics
GBA/DS < PSP

So by this logic. The Revolution wins.

Rev < PS3/360

jarrod

Banned
Stopsign said:
Do the Japanese like the console with the worst graphics?

Graphics
PS2 < GC/Xbox

Graphics
GBA/DS < PSP

So by this logic. The Revolution wins.

Rev < PS3/360
Dreamcast says "hi".

polg

jj984jj said:
Karakuri, Piposaru Academia 2, Irregular Hunter X, and Exit am cry.

I wonder if Byte Hell 2000, Katamari, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner, and Nobunaga no Yabou will help. My guess is that they will all sadly fail thanks to the KHII hype this week. Nintendo was smart not to release any game against it or I think we might've seen Mario & Luigi 2 as well as Brain Training 2 a week eariler.

this is what it was released yesterday, according to game-science

PS2 Eyeshield 21: Amefuto Yarouze!
PS2 Kingdom Hearts II
PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
PS2 Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3
PS2 Need for Speed Most Wanted
PS2 Sega Ages #22: Advance Daisenryaku
PS2 Sega Ages #23: Memorial Selection
PS2 Tennis Prince: Gakuensai no Oujisama
PSP Beit Hell 2000
PSP Boku no Watashi no Katamari Damacy
PSP Nobunaga no Yabou
PSP Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner
PSP Zeroshiki Kanjou Sentouki Seikuuou
GC Need for Speed Most Wanted
DS Arashi no Yoru ni
DS Azure Dreams
DS Jinsei Game DS
DS Onegai My Melody
DS Rave Buster: Vandel vs Busters
DS Shanghai
DS Simple DS Series Vol.7: The Zokusha Kids
DS Tao: Mamono no Tou to Mahou no Tamago
GBA Hudson Best Collection vol.1 Bomberman Collection
GBA Hudson Best Collection vol.2 Lode Runner Collection
GBA Hudson Best Collection vol.3 Action Collection
GBA Hudson Best Collection vol.4 Nazotoki Collection
X360 Peter Jackson's King Kong
X360 Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special
X360 Wrestle Kingdom

cvxfreak

Too bad Nintendo didn't get something more compelling out for the GC this year... like Zelda or Kirby.

360 sales are just terrible. Looks like GC will be outselling it for awhile after all.

FFIV failed to really push the micro up there, but it looks like it sold a few SPs. Nintendo needs to get the backlit SPs out in Japan to revitalize those as well.

sammy

Throw me into the "DS, I never doubted you for a second" club ..... Those are some damn insane #'s ....

I can't wait to see how all the #'s even out, after the holidays settle down.

jarrod

Banned
KH2 should be a monster... it'll easily surpass KH1's 700k imo. It'll probably break a million actually (without the benefit of a "Final Mix").

kswiston

jarrod said:
KH2 should be a monster... it'll easily surpass KH1's 700k imo. It'll probably break a million actually (without the benefit of a "Final Mix").

Didn't KH1 sell more than 700K in Japan? I don't know how accurate their numbers are, but Magic box has KH1 reaching 820K sold without Final Mix at the end of the 2002 fiscal year.

With all the hype it's getting over there, I'd be quite surprised if KH2 doesn't break 1 million after it's first few weeks. I feel like I've basically seen the entire game from the 245314 scans Famitsu has run in it's mag this last year.

Rock_Man

Fuzzy said:
Didn't culex say he was shipping out early in the new year? What will you people do without his chart once he's gone? Who's going to take over?

dspsp.JPG

DS = red
PSP = blue

AniHawk

solarplexus said:
I can access the site, the numbers are real.

DS 408,770
PSP 95,689
PS2 55,342
GBASP 19,098
GC 17,849
GBM 14,432
Xbox360 8,623
GBA 416
Xbox 182

Holy motherfucking shit. What the fucking hell. Really. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL. Nothing from this gen has done like the DS. Not the GBA. Not the PS2.

PSP is doing well enough, though it's still selling gangbusters in America and Europe (in our store we moved about 16 or so in the last few weeks- crazy! We've sold about 13 DSes in comparison, but a helluva lot more software for the thing than PSP).

Xbox 360: Well, it was a valiant effort. You know things have gone wrong when the GAMECUBE (which was at 1.5k-2k a week for the year) is outselling it.

mutsu

With all these excitement about the DS sales (what possibly is the largest week - aside from a launch week - for any console this gen, or in history - yet to be confirmed), I got to remind everyone one thing (which you probably already know).

DS will very highly likely sell even more next week, almost guaranteed!

Just that sheer thought makes me chill... Kudos to Nintendo for keeping up such high demand. No news at all of any shortages.

My predictions - 600K

Did the Playstation (the first Playstation) ever sell over 500k in a week post launch?

Probably the week FFVII came out, I would think ...

I would ask about the Super Famicom but I doubt numbers are availible for that far back.

I wish DS sales would spike like that in the US. Maybe it'd get the western devs a bit more excited, and they'd start taking advantage of its features.

I think you'll see a large spike in DS hardware sales when it comes down to $99.

People just go crazy over the $99 in North America.

Then it'll probably just replace the GBA here, like the DS has in Japan.

So basically if the GBA is selling 800k+ and DS is selling 350k+ in North America ... that'll probably be more like DS 900k+ by next November, with GBA being phased out.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
soundwave05 said:
I think you'll see a large spike in DS hardware sales when it comes down to $99.

People just go crazy over the $99 in North America.

Then it'll probably just replace the GBA here, like the DS has in Japan.

So basically if the GBA is selling 800k+ and DS is selling 350k+ in North America ... that'll probably be more like DS 900k+ by next November, with GBA being phased out.
You don't say!

The thing about Western support for the DS is I think NOA really has no power anymore.

There's no Howard Lincoln or Minoru Arakawa at NOA anymore, and Reggie's just a PR guy.

They should have cut deals for content like Starcraft DS a long time ago.

DS will eventually just inherit the younger-skewing GBA audience in North America, which is probably just fine by NCL.

If Culex is shipping out to a warzone the least GAF could do it maintain the integrity and look of his Chart until his safe return.

someone good at photoshop should try to take it on

I'm gonna guess 650k copies for Kingdom Hearts II and 500k hardware units for the DS.

It's going to be a biiiiig week for the Japanese game industry.

Merlin

Banned
soundwave05 said:
The thing about Western support for the DS is I think NOA really has no power anymore.

There's no Howard Lincoln or Minoru Arakawa at NOA anymore, and Reggie's just a PR guy.

So? They still have a president called Tatsumi Kimishima. Just cause he's not a media player who likes to get his face out there, doesn't mean he has no power.

apotema

Kingdom Hearts will sell 850k at launch I think, It will be a nice battle between Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts and Brain Training to determine the best selling game of the year (Sorry GT4 you will be surpassed)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
apotema said:
Kingdom Hearts will sell 850k at launch I think, It will be a nice battle between Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts and Brain Training to determine the best selling game of the year (Sorry GT4 you will be surpassed)

That much?! Some GAFFERS said that Zelda and KH are about equal popularity there. Is that true? Please?!

Merlin said:
So? They still have a president called Tatsumi Kimishima. Just cause he's not a media player who likes to get his face out there, doesn't mean he has no power.

What exactly has this guy done?

NOA's been on snooze mode for a while now.

In the mid-90s NOA probably peaked in terms of power because Rare (which Howard Lincoln discovered) was doing so well, so they went ahead with Retro Studios and all those other 2nd party partnerships.

All of those 2nd party deals have pretty much since been nullified. What Retro is now is not exactly what they were supposed to be as originally envisoned by Lincoln either.

When Rare's games stopped selling and the whole Retro situation became a debacle circa 2000 or so ... that was probably when NCL decided to stop listening to NOA, lol. Silicon Knights' projects bombing probably didn't help either.

Top Bottom