• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 16-22 Jan

JavyOO7

Somethingblah Cock said:
Monster Hunter = Best selling 3rd party "REAL TYPE" game?

I'm pretty sure it needs like 10/20 or 30k to surpass HSGPSP. But it'll definitely pass it next week I think.

Jiggy

Cheebs said:
The head on the left will be Nintendo's new mascot. Byebye Mario.

ss02.jpg
I'd actually be vaguely interested if they made some separate sports titles from the Mario series, designed to teach just the fundamentals of the game without any of the usual Nintendo flair like power shots and so on. You know, "Soccer Training" or "Basketball Training" or something, with a real coach and a real school of students.

JavyOO7

Jiggy37 said:
I'd actually be vaguely interested if they made some separate sports titles from the Mario series, designed to teach just the fundamentals of the game without any of the usual Nintendo flair like power shots and so on. You know, "Soccer Training" or "Basketball Training" or something, with a real coach and a real school of students.

Well, what it be like a sim game or would you actually play the sport? That does sound like an interesting idea, though.

Pimpwerx

DS's return to the top of the pile was inevitable, and it's probably still out of stock. Amazing. Someone else asked, so I'll ask too. What were cummulative hw/sw sales for the Top10 like 5 years ago? Besides the DS (which is going like gangbusters) everything else looks to be in the toilet. And WTF hasn't Sony dropped the price of the PS2 yet? It's gonna plunge to Xbox-levels of suck at this rate. ;) PEACE.

Cheebs

TheGreatDave said:
Revolution + Golf Training = 17 trillion sales.
Nintendo would be insane to not continue training games on Rev'. Revolution Training games could alone push Rev past PS3 in Japan as insane as that seems.

Who could suspect 5 years ago that THIS franchise out of any would be the one to put Nintendo on top again?

Mrbob

I'm not sure games like Tennis training or Golf training would make the same impact.

Although I'd love to see a Tennis game on Rev. Not necessarily a training game, but a real tennis game. How accurate is the Rev remote? Could it replicate motions for slicing and spinning? I love playing outdoor tennis, but in Wisconsin it is too damn cold right now to do this. I would play this during the winter for certain.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
sp0rsk said:
mlk over already? thats a shame.
"FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! Thank Iwata almighty, Free at last!"

Meier

Those Biohazard sales are definitely quite disappointing. Perhaps it will have some decent legs and eek out 100k at least.

Mrbob

Meier said:
Those Biohazard sales are definitely quite disappointing. Perhaps it will have some decent legs and eek out 100k at least.

Capcom would have been better off creating a brand new RE game for DS, than try to remake RE for yet another time. I don't blame gamers for not being interested in this game. It would be one thing if this was the first time we've seen RE on another platform or the first time it was remade, but this game has been beaten into the ground.

JavyOO7

Mrbob said:
Capcom would have been better off creating a brand new RE game for DS, than try to remake RE for yet another time. I don't blame gamers for not being interested in this game. It would be one thing if this was the first time we've seen RE on another platform or the first time it was remade, but this game has been beaten into the ground.

Would've been nice if it was online as well. I'd probably have no problems buying the game then.

...who am I kidding? I know I'm going back to the RE1 mansion for like the 5th time. Oh well. :)

fresquito

I´m rotten between feelings. On one hand, I´m glad Biohazard tanked, we had the definitive version in the Cube, and if you cannot top that, you shouldn´t remake the game yet once again. On the other hand, I´d like it to have sold more copies, to grant more Capcom support in the form of new games.

However, Capcom got what they asked for.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Why did 83 people spend their hard earned money on an original Xbox when they could have got a 360?

blahness

Archie said:
Why did 83 people spend their hard earned money on an original Xbox when they could have got a 360?

maybe 83 unfortunate souls received it as a gift when they actually requested a 360 :lol

Cheebs said:
Capcom is just stupid. Mega Man stuff should have been DS, RE should have been PSP.

Why though?

They could put either franchise on either machine. The RE port simply deserves to do badly according to everything we've heard about it (barre the return of cheesy FMV, I may buy it myself yet)... it probably would have performed like this on either platform.

I have to say -- their PSP support is much better than their DS support so far. I'm impressed they pulled off Viewtiful Joe, but looking at all they're putting out for PSP.. they're throwing their weight behind it like Gamecube. Cept they'll probably do better for it.l

Archie said:

Maybe they want to play PDOrta and JSRF which are not supported yet by x360 in Japan, or simply because there are more games on xbox than on x360 :D

Top Bottom