• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X Fortnite: Sign my stupid petition to try and get Mega Man X -- you guessed it -- into Fortnite

jcorb

So, I lost my job recently, so I've found myself with an abundance of time on my hands. I've got a couple of coals in the future fortunately, but I thought I would try to use some of my spare time to try and get some kind of movement on the Mega Man series (specifically, Mega Man X).

It's a series that just means a lot to me personally, and I feel like it would honestly make for such a natural fit to Fortnite, I thought it would be fun to see if there's anything I could do to try and "grease those wheels" in some capacity.

It's all just for fun obviously, but I figured the simplest way to get something going would just be trying to get folks to a single petition, where I figure if we get enough signatures, someone at Epic might be like "that seems like enough signers, if even a fraction of them actually bought the skin, it would be worth the effort to do". I have no idea what that kind of number would be, but I imagine quite a lot. I suppose if I'm thinking critically, from what *I* know of digital marketing (which I was laid off, so take with a grain of salt), having a 5% conversion rate would probably be pretty optimistic. With no real benchmark to compare it against, I would hazard a guess that it probably costs $20k to produce a character (with it being a collaboration, I honestly have no clue; I'm likely WAY off).

So if that math was even remotely close (which it isn't, but again, I don't have any empirical data to inform any of these placeholder values), if a typical bundle costs around $15 (2,000 fortnite bucks, but players usually already have some leftover), that means we would need about 35,000 signatures for the skin to break even. That's quite a few signatures, but definitely surmountable with some effort. And until I'm working again full-time, I'm not opposed to putting in some work to make that happen.

With that all in mind, I present to you my stupid little petition:

I also figure #MegaManXFortnite is about as perfect a hashtag as you could possibly hope for something like this, so if anyone wants to share that on twitter or X or whatever the fuck we're calling it now, go for it!

Because yeah, I just think that would be a super cool addition, and I feel like it something that could truly breathe some life into the franchise again. But at the very least, it would be fun to run around as my favorite character in Fortnite.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Oh my jesus christ, has it really been that long since X8?!

Holy shit...
Yeah the Capcom neglect is real with Mega man. We can make them notice better but a Fortnite skin isn't the way, he needs more relevance.

even if capcom were to partner with Epic for Fortnite again you'd probably just get Leon Kennedy

Well,

1 - I hate Megaman (Because I suck at them)

And 2 - A Fortnite addition of a character I like is the opposite of what I would want. So I don't understand...

But this is about you, not me, so I will sign up. I can't share it on Twitter though, I don't have one.

Good luck!

AREYOUOKAY?

It will do as much as MMX in Minecraft. Nothing because Capcom are Monster Hunter / Resident Evil cow milkers while their other franchises are locked inside the barn starving to death or are skeletons by now.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
It will do as much as MMX in Minecraft. Nothing because Capcom are Monster Hunter / Resident Evil cow milkers while their other franchises are locked inside the barn starving to death or are skeletons by now.
Mega Man is a mobile game/cameo franchise now. I wish they would at least license it out to developers who want to do something interesting with it.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I’m all for it. I think it’d be hilarious watching X do the Griddy just so half the gaming discussions forum can foam at the mouth.

AREYOUOKAY?

I’m all for it. I think it’d be hilarious watching X do the Griddy just so half the gaming discussions forum can foam at the mouth.
Y0oU2EY.gif

Top Bottom