• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta Acquires Camouflaj studio and Armature (Iron Man VR coming to Quest 2)

Romulus

Buying companies isn't something you can do quietly as a publicly traded organization.

I think we're going to see a bunch of "ports" for PS VR for existing games like Gran Turismo 7.

Oh I got you. I misread at as current Sony studios weren't investing. Yeah I think something like gt7 in full vr would be colossal.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Listening to some of John Carmack's comments, RE4VR was the test bed to see if a high-quality internal game could drive headset adoption and usage. Apparently, it was a run-away success, so Meta is investing. GTA:SA VR is their next big project, but I haven't seen too much on that yet.
Thats what got me to buy it.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I hope that means GTA6 will have a VR mode
It's possible, but I doubt GTA:SA VR will have much baring on that. I doubt GTA:SA VR will be handled by Rockstar given they didn't have a hand in the Definitive Edition re-releases. With that said, VR mods are getting better all the time. If Rockstar doesn't include VR, modders will.

Don't really want companies like Meta buying up existing multiplatform studios.

For a growing market as small as VR, buying studios to make exclusive games doesn't really help the overall VR market.

Meta is big enough and rich enough to build devs studios from the ground up to make first-party VR exclusives for their platform. They're a dedicated software company. They have an endless supply of talented grads available from some of the best tech universities in the world. They should be pushing to provide funding partnerships with start-up indie dev teams that they nurture and eventually acquire.

Their economic wealth allows them to take these risks.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Don't really want companies like Meta buying up existing multiplatform studios.

For a growing market as small as VR, buying studios to make exclusive games doesn't really help the overall VR market.

Meta is big enough and rich enough to build devs studios from the ground up to make first-party VR exclusives for their platform. They're a dedicated software company. They have an endless supply of talented grads available from some of the best tech universities in the world. They should be pushing to provide funding partnerships with start-up indie dev teams that they nurture and eventually acquire.

Their economic wealth allows them to take these risks.

Don’t worry, they are going to release their games on PSVR2. In fact Beat Saber is coming to PSVR2

Top Bottom