• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2 boss question (Torvus Bog)

Prospero

Okay--I'm at the final boss of Torvus Bog (Chykka). The first stage is cake. In the second stage, you fire away at it until it gets stunned, and then four red targeting areas appear on its wings. But none of the weapons I aim at it (various beams, Seeker Missiles, Darkburst) gets me a lock, and without a lock the beams and missiles seem to fly right past it. What am I missing here? It seems like this ought to be easy as well.

P.S. As much as I loved Metroid Prime, the first word that comes to mind to describe MP2 is "tedious." Very, very pretty, but tedious.

Yeah I'd agree with tedious, sadly. I'm not sure if you're doing this already, but you have to make sure you're behind him when trying to aim even thoug you might be able to see through him to the side you have to hit. Other than that, it should be able to get a lock and I think you just hit it with super missiles.

LakeEarth

I recently beat Quadraxis, and man... he was overhyped. Okay he's big, but the fight itself was really ordinary, and kinda gimmicky (especially the last two hits). I'd say Prime 1 had the better boss fights.

Prospero

LakeEarth said:
I'd say Prime 1 had the better boss fights.

I agree, at least so far. Prime 1's fights seem to be more skill- and reflex-based, while the bosses in Prime 2 are more dependent on scanning, looking at the layout of the stage, and figuring out some kind of trick. I was actually bored during the boss fight that gets you the grappling beam.

Top Bottom