• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Help

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Im fighting Omega Pirate in hard mode, and the whole outstrafe the pirates he calls technique aint cutting it like on normal mode. Any tips?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
There is a way to just shoot the omega pirate quickly and when he re-materializes he kills the pirates, also make sure you are using the most effective weapons, as it is possible to kill him in 1 or 2 cycles making it possible for you to pretty much ignore the pirates and the damage they deal.

I am not sure on specific tactics as I didn't get back to the Omega Pirate on hard mode.

DrLazy

Super missle, or use the super plasma beam on the Omega. Ignore the pirate fuckers he calls. If you start worrying about them, you'll never win.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
DrLazy said:
Super missle, or use the super plasma beam on the Omega. Ignore the pirate fuckers he calls. If you start worrying about them, you'll never win.
I tried ignoring them, but I always took too much damage from them on hard mode. I'd just wait till they were all close by, drop a power bomb and then I'd be free to kill the Omega Pirate without any of the pirates he calls bothering me.

Orin GA

Yea, I kinda figured that after they were still kicking my ass after the fifth one, so i just went ahead and killed em. Im missing one missle expansion so im stuck at a 98% game . Gah, now i have to go to every expansion location to find it.

Orin GA

Well I just beat the game (Hard Mode) with 100%, but i forgot to scan the omega/eliet pirate. O well, shit happens. The last battle last way too long. I hate it when your in the phazon pool, then prime dissapears, and you are switching visors like mad. by the time you find it, your being knocked around trying to get back into the pool. gah.

Top Bottom