• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Metroid Prime devs criticise remaster for omitting credits

BlackTron

Sure, it's subjective to the point you call more detail, both polygon and texture wise, less. Which wasn't even the original dev's point, he was just going on about the shield effect's transparency. And it's being diplomatic to pretend it's the original asset (so basically take credit for the new work by presenting it as his own work in both instances? Surely you don't believe that's what he was attempting to do there so why even say that?) but with the wrong alpha transparency and fucked up vs acknowledging it's all new art assets from the polygons to the textures to the sfx. Carry on good sir 🤡

Also, you're mixing up your threads here, showing that you indeed knew about this topic before but are making up stories for some weird reason, I didn't say armchair anything in this thread, lol.

I mean, even if it's just a shield effect covering the detail of the door, the detail is irrelevant because I can't see it. But if he did design the original door, and that's the basis for the new one, from the hexagonal shape to the unseen detail under the shield to the way its panels open with the animation, then he actually did design it and the new team just updated it.

I legitimately did not know what the deal was with the door until this morning. Yes, I noticed last night in the other thread where you called people armchair art directors but I didn't yet understand the full context of the situation until it spread over to this one and I finally saw the screenshots and looked up the tweet. I would say any average person is more qualified to have a personal opinion on an artistic choice than you are to judge their character based on said choice.

Edit: wow while I wrote this, looks like you edited your post to make a big deal of the other thread. Yes I spent a lot of time in it but glossed over everything over some stupid door until you put it directly in front of my face just now by spreading it over to another thread.

Also referring to your point that less detail was not even the point if the original dev. Who said it is? I'm speaking for myself only. I think the old door looks better. I don't care you, the devs or anybody else says about transparencies, poly count or textures or whatever. I simply like it better, deal with it.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I mean, even if it's just a shield effect covering the detail of the door, the detail is irrelevant because I can't see it.
All details are perfectly visible, the six little locks, the shield emitters, various scratches and damage, the moving shield effects, the different layers as it opens and closes when you approach after removing the shield, Idk what you're going on about other than only going by a random compressed low res distant screenshot and others' opinions.

Last edited:

BlackTron

All details are perfectly visible, the six little locks, the shield emitters, all kinds of scratches and damage on it, weird moving shield effects, the different layers as it opens and closes when you approach after removing the shield, I dunno what you're going on about other than only going by one random compressed low res distant screenshot.

My assumption was that the original detail was pretty absent if we are contending that original dev did not design it.

I'll just withhold all further comment until I play the game myself when I see physical copy in the store...have a good one man.

DeezNutz

Banned
Almost like that 🤣. No I worked there as QA engineer but because some lies from the intermediary that offered me there the deal didn’t work out. If you must know, I was offered a 40 hour work week by the intermediary, but from Guerilla I got offered a waiver where I had to resign my Dutch rights of employment and they offered a 0 hour contract. As you can imagine if you’re a EU citizen that stuff just doesn’t fly so I said no thank you when I got the contract offer and that was that.
Oh sorry I must have mistaken you for Hansel, anyways you did yourself a favor Guerilla Games sucks anyways,Horizon 2 was the first game I played from them and it's one of the most boring and broken games I've played,I cant believe I actually finished it on the hardest difficulty.

Top Bottom