• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV:TPP LAUNCH TRAILER

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That... wasn't the best send-off. Two very disjointed, separate parts - a bog-standard montage/attract clips and then the Metal Gear scene.

Also why is 1980s Metal Gear as advanced as something from Revengeance?

The technology has been inconsistent since PW. It is consistent in that regard lol

Snake017

wS5sRaB.png

Metal Dick Solid V : The Phantom Jehuty

Mifec

But it doesn't "fall apart." The trailer has a central focus and kept to it. If you're upset that it wasn't one of his ten minute ordeals that's another story.

I'm not upset at all though? I just find the trailer incredibly weak and not impactful after the switch to TPP in the slightest. It has none of Kojima's usual flair and the corridor scene was used up in the Elegia trailer, the additions don't really do it for me. The ST 84 scene we already saw 35% of and the rest was just eh. As a Kojima trailer it's weak and lacks impact.

N30RYU

I found it more spoilery the fact that we see Big boss and
Liquid?
in the same team at Mother Base...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I interpreted the hallway seen as less a spoiler of X = literally Y but more the shifts of influence in a person's identity. I think taking the literal interpretation is over simplifying what is probably supposed to be a tease of how certain themes are being handled.

Not the greatest trailer anyway. I don't like Quiet's song at all, kinda sucks MG/MG2 didn't get repped at all, and the cut at the end from TPP wasn't great. Meh.

That... wasn't the best send-off. Two very disjointed, separate parts - a bog-standard montage/attract clips and then the Metal Gear scene.

Also why is 1980s Metal Gear as advanced as something from Revengeance?

Same reason Peace Walker had such advanced technology:
The Patriots suppressed much of it until their fall in MGS4.

I don't think there were spoilers. If there are people coming in here from the spoiler thread saying what it means then they should fuck off.

To me it reminds me of an answer in an old q&a, gamescom 2014 maybe. Talked about seeing
seeing flesh coming off his face and becoming a skull
how literal that's meant to be taken I have no idea.

I'm not upset at all though? I just find the trailer incredibly weak and not impactful after the switch to TPP in the slightest. It has none of Kojima's usual flair and the corridor scene was used up in the Elegia trailer, the additions don't really do it for me. The ST 84 scene we already saw 35% of and the rest was just eh. As a Kojima trailer it's weak and lacks impact.

To each his own, seeing the new Metal Gear thrashing around and that hall scene were perfectly impactful to me. And I didn't mean you were literally upset :p

Krabboss

The Metal Gear bits reminded me of Godzilla. The way it was framed and the bouncing camera when it walked.

I do not believe the hallway scene is meant to be interpreted literally.

Clearly the best trailer ever made for the best MGS ever made. A honorable finisher for Kojima San (at Konami at least).

I didn't know Quiet could sing. Really Good.

I heard the song and the music in another trailer, can anyone remind me in which one please?

Symphonia

Banned
Those first two minutes. Goddamn, Kojima-San, right in the guts. You truly are a genius. I, and many others, thank you and owe you so much for bringing us Metal Gear. MGS V looks set to be a fantastic ride of a game, as proven by this trailer, so let it - and the titles before it - stand as a testament to your hard work. Kojima, long live the king.

I dont think the hallway transition scene is a spoiler, Kojima's probably thrown that in their to get us thinking.

DrBo42

A bipedal robot with full articulation able to wield a whip? They retroactively made Hal the biggest fuckin' joke ever. Robot dick is absurd.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Clearly the best trailer ever made for the best MGS ever made. A honorable finisher for Kojima San (at Konami at least).

I didn't know Quiet could sing. Really Good.

I heard the song and the music in another trailer, can anyone remind me in which one please?

Beginning of the E3 2013 trailer.

Top Bottom