• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Moore surprise-releasing one man show/documentary "TrumpLand" tomorrow, 10/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcassell

Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/movies/19michael-moore-trumpland.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

While surprise albums are becoming more common, surprise movies from well-known directors are rare.

Enter Michael Moore. The documentarian behind “Bowling for Columbine” and “Fahrenheit 9/11” has just announced a new movie, “Michael Moore in TrumpLand,” which will be released in theaters on Wednesday.

The film is a one-man show that Mr. Moore had originally planned to perform at the Midland Theater in Newark, Ohio. But that did not take place, causing a conflict between Mr. Moore and the management of the theater. Mr. Moore said in a Facebook message that he found another Ohio location to perform the show.

While I'm certainly interested in the take of this movie given the election, I'm almost more intrigued by the movie's release, given that it was announced today and will be allegedly rushed to theaters tomorrow in NY and LA. The guy is known to be pretty in-your-face with his films (and is ripe for parody), but I've enjoyed his work over the years, especially Bowling for Columbine. Any takers here, GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom