• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft claims to have 18 studios

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I posted this in the Xbox OT, it includes a photo of the filing. I was wondering too about that number. In the filing it mentions 8 subsidiaries and 10 wholly integrated studios - whatever that means

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Bernkastel Bernkastel pointed out in the OT that Playground, inXile and Undead labs all have 2 studios, so with the15 initial studios it gives a total of 18 studios.
Hmm if one company have multiple workspaces (holy shit what, the better word for it...umm multiple location of such company) is it count as multiple studios. Because...it's Wednesday tomorrow...

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Bernkastel Bernkastel pointed out in the OT that Playground, inXile and Undead labs all have 2 studios, so with the15 initial studios it gives a total of 18 studios.
Interestingly Undead Labs second studio in New Orleans is never mentioned anywhere including Wikipedia even though it does exist.
So in the end we’re looking at 26 studios after the Zenimax purchase?
That’s kinda crazy tbh.
Then we have to deal with stuffs like Arkane Austin and Lyon, and other subsidiaries like id Software Frankfurt and Zenimax Online Studios San Diego. Lets just treat them as one.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Hmm if one company have multiple workspaces (holy shit what, the better word for it...umm multiple location of such company) is it count as multiple studios. Because...it's Wednesday tomorrow...
I've always considered Playground as 2 studios. They bought Playground 1 to continue making Forza Horizon and built Playground 2 to make Fable. I didn't know about inXile or Undead though.

AND if Xbox is buying anything on Wednesday I hope it's Asobo or Bloober or Eidos Montreal or Crystal Dynamics and NOT Sega. I just do not get the obsession with Sega,

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I've always considered Playground as 2 studios. They bought Playground 1 to continue making Forza Horizon and built Playground 2 to make Fable. I didn't know about inXile or Undead though.

AND if Xbox is buying anything on Wednesday I hope it's Asobo or Bloober or Eidos Montreal or Crystal Dynamics and NOT Sega. I just do not get the obsession with Sega,
It's fun and I care about Alpha Protocol and since Obsidian is owned by MS, makes perfect sense.

Fredrik

Interestingly Undead Labs second studio in New Orleans is never mentioned anywhere including Wikipedia even though it does exist.

Then we have to deal with stuffs like Arkane Austin and Lyon, and other subsidiaries like id Software Frankfurt and Zenimax Online Studios San Diego. Lets just treat them as one.
Makes sense. So it’s back to 15 and 23 after Zenimax?

Top Bottom