• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft execs partied with Sting in Davos hours before announcing layoffs

Tams

People have no capability to understand what money is after a certain point. It's like when people bitch about Walmart's CEO salary. Ok, chain the man to his desk, cattle-prod him into doing the job for free, and distribute his salary evenly to all of Walmart's employees. You now make $20 more per year.

I'll tread carefully here, but in the UK on a TV debate about a certain thing, someone had to try and get a member of public to understand that government (and business) spending are not like a household budget. And to try and get them to wrap their heads around the amounts of money involved. Said person failed horribly, as Mr. Joe Thicko of the general public just couldn't understand it.

poodaddy

Incredibly shitty look. I hate that execs are never targeted for pay cuts rather than straight up firing lower level employees. All the execs, including Nadella himself, should take a pay cut before firing anyone. Lay offs will still occur, but at least there'd be a greater sense of solidarity.

Dr.D00p

There was a time when Gordon Sumner wouldn't have been seen dead at this sort of shindig.

Fucking sell-out.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Rich people doing wild rich people stuff.

They probably also rode 21 year old women around like ponies, with saddles, while singing the dramatization of Captain America: Civil War.

laynelane

Hey now. They have pronouns and announce them to the audience and change their avatars on selective months. They're safe from the outrage culture.

The phrase 'actions speak louder than words' has really taken a beating in this wondrous, politically Twitter/social media correct climate we find ourselves in.

Billbofet

Hey now. They have pronouns and announce them to the audience and change their avatars on selective months. They're safe from the outrage culture.
Just further proof that all the corporate virtue-signaling nonsense is meaningless.
"I am a tall, white male with glasses standing on the native lands of the Nooksack while doing lines of coke with Sting and lighting cigars with $50 bills"

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just further proof that all the corporate virtue-signaling nonsense is meaningless.
"I am a white male with glasses standing on the native lands of the Nooksack while doing lines of coke with Sting and lighting cigars with $50 bills"
dead fuck my life GIF

Top Bottom