• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

JLB

Banned
The devs have alreadys said this is a simulator first, nothing changes from the previous ones just hopefully not having to add 1,000 DLC packs. I'm sure they will make an xbox version that flys easier with a controller but, will get a lot of new people into it.

I dont think they can make this game to work with a pad. Theres just too much actions to be mapped.
HOTAS plus kb there we go.

Schmick

I dont think they can make this game to work with a pad. Theres just too much actions to be mapped.
Thankfully there are HOTAS compatible with Xbox. Plus Xbox consoles support keyboard and mouse. However I'm sure the game will play comfortably with a controller. Elite Dangerous is another example of a game that plays well on the Xbox with a controller. A game with a huge array of keyboard commands on PC.

Reactions: JLB

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thankfully there are HOTAS compatible with Xbox. Plus Xbox consoles support keyboard and mouse. However I'm sure the game will play comfortably with a controller. Elite Dangerous is another example of a game that plays well on the Xbox with a controller. A game with a huge array of keyboard commands on PC.
I don't have interest in learning a ton of commands on a gamepad.

I'm hoping this game just has an arcadey basic control option no matter which plane you choose. I just want to fly the plane with the usual accelerate/brake/yaw thing and that's it. I don't even want to worry about fuel.

And no way I want to worry about all the gauges, or if the condensation building up in the shit pipe in the bathroom is getting too thick requiring anti-shit pipe defoggers by pressing LT+RT+A+B+Shoryukin circle strafe.

Last edited:

raduque

And my Xbox Game Pass for PC keeps reminding me why it's easily the best $5/mo I spend - and if it goes to $10, still more than worth it.

PanzerAzel

I never would’ve imagined years ago we’d be getting sims that looked like this. It’s nuts.

Do these sims also model emergencies?

eot

Banned
I never would’ve imagined years ago we’d be getting sims that looked like this. It’s nuts.

Do these sims also model emergencies?
Yeah, FSX can simulate various failures / malfunctions, so I imagine this one will too. Generally though that doesn't happen in regular flight, it's more of a thing where you have a specific scenario to simulate an engine out or something.

PanzerAzel

Yeah, FSX can simulate various failures / malfunctions, so I imagine this one will too. Generally though that doesn't happen in regular flight, it's more of a thing where you have a specific scenario to simulate an engine out or something.
I'd love to see it incorporated as an option into the main sim with statistical probability kicked up a bit from RL to make it a bit more unpredictable. Would also love to see a DLC disaster pack modelling real past aviation emergencies. Always been curious how the hell the pilots managed to keep JAL 123 aloft for half an hour after losing the entire VS.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
Top Bottom