• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Game Dev update (GDC 2022)

RevGaming

I mean, that distinctly sounds like a you problem lol.

STALKER has a bigger and more hardcore fanbase than many of the Xbox or PS first party exclusives. There just hasn't been one for a long while which is why you don't see the younger gaming audience talk more about it.

Maybe it's big on PC. Maybe that's why I don't know about it, but it looks good graphically, but if I made a tier of popularity:

Tier 1: RE, FF, GOW, HALO, RDR2, SOULS games...
Tier 2: Stalker, Plague Tale, Evil West, Steelrising, DokeV, Greedfall, The Last Guardian, D. All stars, Godfall, Hellblade before Xbox fans made it bigger...
Tier 3: Most indies

It's not just popularity, but the budget too.

kingfey

Banned
GT7 would have sold more. Now it won't. Stalker 2 won't get as good reviews as GT7 neither.
Again, GTA trilogy would have sold more if it didn't have that backlash.
GT7 literally hid the mtx from the reviewers. If they showed that during the review period, it would have scored lower than what it has now.
But that still wont stop people to buy these games. People buy games they like. They dont give a damn shit about other people's opinion.

There is, but it's less because of GP.
Did you add gamepass revenue to them?

It won't get to 50m. PS plus, a requirement to play online doesn't even have that. That service makes the majority of the playerbase games unplayable, and it's only 48m. Plus Netflix has over 200m subs and they're losing money so I don't see your point. If they're going to make money through MTX, is that what you really want in your games?
PS+ isnt on PC. Gamepass is on PC. Gamepass has a chance to go to steam. Even without that, 50m is achievable. And that is because Activision/Blizzard has alot of users on PC. Those people will move to Xbox windows store, where gamepass PC exist.

Do you know how much netflix is making a year? Not to mention how much movies they make.

Games take too long, unlike movies and shows which takes 1-2 year to make. Different budget. Gamepass also bring other revenue such as dlc, mtx, and sales. Much different than what netflix does. Their primary profit is the subscription fees.

A game with over 100m budget.
That is just complete wrong. AAA cost like 60m-80m to make.
Over $100m budget are those games, which want to make their games bigger. Games like RD2, and Last of us 2. Those games usually have alot of devs working on them.
the more devs the game has, the more money it will cost.

kingfey

Banned
Maybe it's big on PC. Maybe that's why I don't know about it, but it looks good graphically, but if I made a tier of popularity:

Tier 1: RE, FF, GOW, HALO, RDR2, SOULS games...
Tier 2: Stalker, Plague Tale, Evil West, Steelrising, DokeV, Greedfall, The Last Guardian, D. All stars, Godfall, Hellblade before Xbox fans made it bigger...
Tier 3: Most indies

It's not just popularity, but the budget too.
If PC gamers are here, they will eat you alive. Stalker is major big game on PC. you are just insulting them, by [putting the same shit as god fall and all stars.

But dang, you also pisssing off alot of people with your list.
Be glad you didnt typed this on 1st page, or else you would have gotten alot of pissed messages.

RevGaming

GT7 literally hid the mtx from the reviewers. If they showed that during the review period, it would have scored lower than what it has now.
But that still wont stop people to buy these games. People buy games they like. They dont give a damn shit about other people's opinion.
I disagree. It stops a couple of millions. Watch BF2042 and C2077 making them lose money even if they sold millions.

Did you add gamepass revenue to them?
You mean the thing MS is losing money on?
PS+ isnt on PC. Gamepass is on PC. Gamepass has a chance to go to steam. Even without that, 50m is achievable. And that is because Activision/Blizzard has alot of users on PC. Those people will move to Xbox windows store, where gamepass PC exist.
Maybe. I don't care about PC. Just the console though.
Do you know how much netflix is making a year? Not to mention how much movies they make.
Do some research. I think you need to take a class or something when it comes to interpreting statistics. I mean that's what I got from you so far. You're not bad, it's just you're leaving details that make things important.
Games take too long, unlike movies and shows which takes 1-2 year to make. Different budget. Gamepass also bring other revenue such as dlc, mtx, and sales. Much different than what netflix does. Their primary profit is the subscription fees.
That's even worse for GP then.
Then again, I don't want MTX filled games unless they're free to play and even then I don't prefer it.
That is just complete wrong. AAA cost like 60m-80m to make.
Over $100m budget are those games, which want to make their games bigger. Games like RD2, and Last of us 2. Those games usually have alot of devs working on them.
the more devs the game has, the more money it will cost.
Nope. C2077 cost over $300m. That's the highest one.
That's my point. I want mostly games that have those kind of budgets and GP doesn't push that (IF THEY'RE DAY 1 ON IT).

Last edited:

RevGaming

If PC gamers are here, they will eat you alive. Stalker is major big game on PC. you are just insulting them, by [putting the same shit as god fall and all stars.

But dang, you also pisssing off alot of people with your list.
Be glad you didnt typed this on 1st page, or else you would have gotten alot of pissed messages.
Well idc what they think. For me it's/they're not as big.
I can ask people on my friend list what's stalker and I bet only 1 out of 30 will know.
I ask them about Resident Evil and most of them will know.

kingfey

Banned
Well idc what they think. For me it's/they're not as big.
I can ask people on my friend list what's stalker and I bet only 1 out of 30 will know.
I ask them about Resident Evil and most of them will know.
Because the game is PC only. This is the 1st time its coming to consoles.

Its very big on PC, and has big community.

Sega Orphan

Banned
It's quite amazing really.
Microsoft is very happy with Gamepass.
Gamepass users are very happy with the service and the value they get.
Developers who put games on Gamepass are happy with the money they make and the exposure their games get.
The only people who are concerned about the viability or value of Gamepass are people who play on a different gaming ecosystem that has nothing to do with Gamepass.
They really seem worried that MS just isn't making enough money from the service. I really find it quite beautiful when people are worried about the finances of one of the richest companies on the planet.

kingfey

Banned
They really seem worried that MS just isn't making enough money from the service. I really find it quite beautiful when people are worried about the finances of one of the richest companies on the planet.
That is the only thing people scream about.
MS spent almost half of Sony worth on activision as a cash. More than what Nintendo worth on activision. They know how to make money. They managed to keep xbox one afloat, after the disasters of 2013 xbox one. Their Azura subscription and Office 365 subscription makes them tons of money. They have experience on the subscription model. They know what they can do, and how to make money.

RevGaming

And now you're wrong.
This is why complaining matters.

Top Bottom