• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Removes Xbox Series & Xbox Gamepass Logos From Its Site. References mentioning "Day One on Gamepass" vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Some people are really desperate to stir some twitter drama. MS isn't going to make Game Pass significantly worse for existing Ultimate users. That would mean the end of the sub.
If they have decided that Game Pass is not the golden goose they were hoping for, what's the problem with making it worse and turning people away from it?

Reminder that Satya Nadella recently removed Game Pass growth from his bonus KPIs a few months ago. It is possible that their plan includes making GP worse.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If they have decided that Game Pass is not the golden goose they were hoping for, what's the problem with making it worse and turning people away from it?

Reminder that Satya Nadella recently removed Game Pass growth from his bonus KPIs a few months ago. It is possible that their plan includes making GP worse.

Really not living up to that tag these days Heis :p

XbvwTFg.jpg

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
They are about to do another tier restructure for Gamepass.

You want Day 1? You pay that premium you cheap bitches. Watch.
Seems likely. It was inevitable after they bought Activison Blizzard. You cannot keep putting new games day one on GP and expect to be able to pay for development with the existing GP income. Price hike likely.

I always thought that they would start putting games EXCUSIVELY on Game Pass day one (not sold separately digitally or physically) for a month or two.....but with GP subscribers levelling out, that may not now happen.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Really not living up to that tag these days Heis :p

XbvwTFg.jpg
These are the games they have already announced on Game Pass day one. Nobody is saying that these won't launch on GP day one (though they can announce that news in a "business update event")

But it is possible that future games might not launch on Game Pass day one. Like Blade does not have any tagline that says "Joining Game Pass day one."

adamsapple

These are the games they have already announced on Game Pass day one. Nobody is saying that these won't launch on GP day one (though they can announce that news in a "business update event")

But it is possible that future games might not launch on Game Pass day one. Like Blade does not have any tagline that says "Joining Game Pass day one."

Blade doesn't even have an Xbox.com product page yet to have any of that info in the first place.

There's a lot of unwarranted wiggle room using phrases like "but it is possible". It's also possible that Phil announces that Microsoft has acquired Nintendo next week. 🤞

xHunter

Maybe don't rush to make topics based on random tweets ?
He only learned from the best:

adamsapple

He only learned from the best:

Eurogamer citing Bloomberg is exactly the same as Zuby_Tech. Bravo.

Gambit2483

Seems likely. It was inevitable after they bought Activison Blizzard. You cannot keep putting new games day one on GP and expect to be able to pay for development with the existing GP income. Price hike likely.

I always thought that they would start putting games EXCUSIVELY on Game Pass day one (not sold separately digitally or physically) for a month or two.....but with GP subscribers levelling out, that may not now happen.

They will sell it as a Premium/Deluxe tier and will charge and extra $4 or $5 so make it either $18.99 or $19.99. They might thrown in a feature or two to make it seem like a super great deal (e.g. includes all past ABK catalog)

The lower level Gamepass will still get you all the games but probably now 2-3 months after launch and you will only get a select range of past ABK catalog.

I can see them going this route to make people want to "upgrade" and pay more

xHunter

Eurogamer citing Bloomberg is exactly the same as Zuby_Tech. Bravo.
Thread was also made in a rush and then debunked within a few minutes, so yeah you can compare it. Atleast OP admitted that it was BS, while you completely ignored it. Didnt even bother to update the OP too.
Edit: actually the update could have been from you, though it says "last edited by a mod"

Last edited:

adamsapple

Thread was also made in a rush and then debunked within a few minutes, so yeah you can compare it. Atleast OP admitted that it was BS, while you completely ignored it. Didnt even bother to update the OP too.
Edit: actually the update could have been from you, though it says "last edited by a mod"

I'm the one who edited the SNAFU and updated tweet, the mods changed the topic title and made some modifications to the OP content.

Once again, Bravo for correlating these two instances. Awaiting the same energy for this case.

xHunter

I'm the one who edited the SNAFU and updated tweet, the mods changed the topic title and made some modifications to the OP content.

Once again, Bravo for correlating these two instances. Awaiting the same energy for this case.
Yeah i realised that, sorry about that. Can ignore that part.

Last edited:
Wasn't it removed some time ago?

But I would not be surprised if they move away from Day 1 as clearly it did not move the consoles while also decimated sales on their own platform. And a lot of games don't have DLCs so...Trade off did not work.

ByWatterson

I think this is all pretty straightforward.

1. Phil wanted a car.

2. Satya said, "Prove you can drive, here are the keys to my least important car."

3. Phil crashed the car and caused serious property damage to Satya's house.

4. Now Phil rides the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom