• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mimimi Games to shut down

xrnzaaas

Releases a pirate game where the main character is a black lesbian written by their diversity advisor, instead of a bearded drunk badass. goes bust.

pikachu face
I wouldn't put too much impact on the game potentially being woke. Shadow Gambit is focused on the gameplay and people buy it for this reason. Plus with the option to pick playable characters you can technically ignore the ones you don't like (once you've unlocked them).

Last edited:

Hudo

The second German studio which close down this year 🙁
True. But Daedalic just overreached and underdelivered and paid the price. Mimimi seem to be closing down voluntarily because people there want to focus on their families more.

Which is interesting, because I was certain that they would do a new Commandos next. But apparently not.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Wow. Tactical stealth games? I need to play those. Hope the studio finds better luck in their future endeavours

Cyberpunkd

Releases a pirate game where the main character is a black lesbian written by their diversity advisor, instead of a bearded drunk badass. goes bust.

pikachu face
Are You Stupid Antoine Dodson GIF

How about you spend a moment to look at the games they released, then read what they wrote about shutting down?

graywolf323

Wow. Tactical stealth games? I need to play those. Hope the studio finds better luck in their future endeavours
you really should, they put out amazing stuff

I finally picked up Shadow Gambit yesterday, I had been wanting to get it since it launched but I was waiting for GMG to get it back in stock

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That sucks. At last they weren't purchased and consolidated I guess.
WOW.. probably the um ...weirdest... statement I have read.

At least thyey were not purchased and given a chance to keep making games... instead everyone will be laid off... an their IPs dead.

thats literally what you just said.

Joramun

Damn!

I was searching for a Desperados 3 OT thread and came across this!

A shame they shut down!

I just got Desperados 3 this week and I'm bloody enjoying it.

Will definitely get Shadow Gambit after.

Top Bottom