• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Laptops-News- GPD-One NetBook-Chuwi-Dell/AW UFO- Others.......

DESTROYA

The GPD WIN Max is a portable 8” computer with built in controls that will now be powered by Intel Ice Lake rather then AMD.

Short Video of the upgrade

Feel free to post about other small form factor laptops that you know about, think 10” NetBook form factor from years ago just a bit smaller but much more powerful hardware able to run Windows with no problems that the slow Atom processors ran into.

Why you ask would people want such a tiny laptop ?

Mostly for portability and not having to carry a full sized laptop that takes up a lot more space

Why not just get a 12‘’or 13‘’ laptop instead then?

I think the netbook renaissance is at hand, that is if you ask at least three Chinese manufacturers. GPD, Chuwi, and One Netbook are currently making 8-inch mini laptops but GPD is quite happy to stretch its wings even further. It is already known to be working on a slight refresh of its GPD WIN 2 Windows-based gaming handheld but now it’s rumored to be smashing those two worlds together into the GPD Win Max.
The Win Max also looks set to come with a PlayStation Vita style d-pad, along with a touchpad that GPD has placed between the gamepad buttons and analog sticks.

If anyone wants to join Discord where we talk about these small form factor laptops and other open source handhelds.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
You have a Ice Lake device? What do you have?
8th gen nuc i5 4cores 16gb ram 1tb ssd intel iris plus graphics 655
basically an apple tv on crack.

i have a thing with low spec gaming.
it runs fallout 4 just fine after some modding

Last edited:

DESTROYA

8th gen nuc i5 4cores 16gb ram 1tb ssd intel iris plus grraphics 655
basically an apple tv on crack.

i have a thing with low spec gaming.
it runs fallout 4 just fine after some modding
Nice!
I thought you might of had the new Iris+ graphics that Ice Lake uses, I’ve seen some videos of the Surface Pro 7 i7 gaming and I’m impressed how far integrated GPU’s have come.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Nice!
I thought you might of had the new Iris+ graphics that Ice Lake uses, I’ve seen some videos of the Surface Pro 7 i7 gaming and I’m impressed how far integrated GPU’s have come.
integrated GPU's are really able to run modern titles.
def not as bad anymore ;)
check out lowspec gamer on youtube.

DESTROYA

a picture would be nice
It’s still in development but OK

GPD WIN MAX

gPDmWxW.jpg

rZJi8Cy.jpg

b0pUob6.jpg

EdR9cOR.jpg

Last edited:

Genx3

Just so you guys know CHuwi products are straight throw away junk.
Spend the extra money and buy electronics from trusted brands.

DESTROYA

Just so you guys know CHuwi products are straight throw away junk.
Spend the extra money and buy electronics from trusted brands.
Well they are cheap for a reason, build quality isnt the greatest but for the most part they work

Genx3

Don't most people only keeps things for 1 or 2 years now before they throw them out and buy the latest model anyway?

If this is how you view your purchases then CHuwi's low budget, Ultra Low quality products are right up your alley.

Bullet Club

I have an iPad Mini 5th gen with one of these cases, which I like to call a Macbook Mini:

8yMkRbD.png

It is like an old Asus netbook from a decade, but a lot better.

I also got a Chuwi tablet a few years ago. It was OK and it still works, but I wouldn't get another one from them.

Here's something new from them:

Last edited:
Top Bottom