• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Misc. Half-Life 2 Info

Mooreberg

This was on Bluesnews.com so I doubt it's an imposter.

http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/in...e68ee9b1d56&search_in=posts&result_type=posts

Half-Life 2 is about 3.5 GB uncompressed and about 2 GB compressed. This doesn't include CS:Source, HL-1:Source, DoD:Source, the SDK, or whatever. It's just the straight HL-2 sizes.

In an interview on Homelan I said we were planning on delivering the game to Sierra in August, and subsequently I've been bombarded with emails asking me if that is accurate.

Yep, to the best of our admittedly weak planning abilities, we are looking at August.

In the original Half-Life, the German version (which also was used by some other countries with similar content restrictions) was modified to replace human opponents with robots, gibs were replaced with machine bits, blood was replaced with oil, and so on.

lol wtf

I was asked this question in an email from a forum member - "Will DOD: Source be available simultaneously with Half-Life 2's release?"

That is the plan. It is more a question of how many bells and whistles they add than whether it will be done in time.

Counter-Strike: Source isn't Counter-Strike 2, at least if you're trying to be consistent with our nomenclature.

If they actually follow through with their August completion date and Vivendi holds this off for November, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

mattx5

I can hold out. Not only is my PC not ready yet, but the thought of CS and DOD running on the Source engine is awesome. Is Team Fortress gonna be running on Source as well?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
This game has been "hyped" too much now...reminds me of some other games that took too long to come out and were then too little too late...

Ah well, I will still buy it and love it...I just don't care enough to follow it anymore. When it is on the shelf I'll know it's out :D

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Mr Pockets said:
This game has been "hyped" too much now...reminds me of some other games that took too long to come out and were then too little too late...

It'll still beat Duke Nukem.

SKluck

Banned
Is HL2 going to have any ORIGINAL multi? Source CS, DOD, TFC will be sweet, adding new life to them. But how about some original stuff? HL2DM would be fine for launch at least.

Mr Pockets said:

We might have another Daikatana on our hands....

:p

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Error Macro said:
We might have another Daikatana on our hands....

:p

hl2gabe.jpg

Gabe Newell wants to make you his bitch!

Top Bottom