• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 on Source 2 | Half-Life: Alyx Mod Showcase

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This mod is done by me. I took the original map file and converted to Source 2 format and added to Half-Life: Alyx. In process, I converted assets of Half-Life 2 to Half-Life: Alyx as well.

Things i was able to do was very limited since Valve didn't share SDK with the public yet. I started this project around 24 March and planned this since around January. You can pretty much say, this is the first Half-Life: Alyx mod.

Note: I have no plans to share this yet since it's just a showcase demo and nothing more.

I'm looking forward to someone doing a full and proper conversion, we all know it's going to happen but how long is the question.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Pointless pos. I could enjoy classic HL2 mods if converted properly (in a way the AI can pathfind rather than stand in place, progress triggers activate, interactions are changed to physical stuff as in Alyx, etc.). Minerva in VR, yes please (while waiting for new stuff). I'm sure the mod community won't hold a candle to HL1&2's given amateur developers can nowadays use free engines to actually commercially release their efforts making their investment more worthwhile but I'm sure there will still be lots of cool stuff to enjoy past the SDK release. Start with a simple jump mod someone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom