• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

mxbison

Fighting Conor in a completely meaningless fight gets you a lot more money than fighting for (and possibly winning) the belt.

It's so dumb.

Great looking card, you're welcome.

regawdless

Banned
Fighting Conor in a completely meaningless fight gets you a lot more money than fighting for (and possibly winning) the belt.

It's so dumb.

Why is it dumb? It's entertainment and people pay for being entertained. Therefore the fights that most people want to see are the ones that generate the most money. No reason to blame people for being more hyped for this fight than for a title fight.

I'm happy for Dustin, he's gonna be a rich mofo after that fight.

rich money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned

Bad weight cut, but you have to weigh in. 😕
Fight cancelled in the end.

Weight cutting is so rough. And finding the point up to which you can push your body is also not easy. Sucks for her, financially and from a health standpoint.

Weight cutting is so rough. And finding the point up to which you can push your body is also not easy. Sucks for her, financially and from a health standpoint.
I've mentioned ONE Championship in the natural vs cutting down for an advantage argument. See how Demetrius Johnson is faring over there, he looks great & if you don't have to keep cutting like this it's bound to prolong your career.

He's getting his shot 7th April.

This cements Goat if he wins.

That was a weird fight to watch, Holland showed zero urgency that fight. I've never seen a fighter that's gonna lose walk away from him opponent in the last 10 seconds of the fight.
Brunsons a hard working wrestler with a decent chin. He will try to take you down & keep at it. Holland came with 0 answers & no takedown defense. I guess he was confident his striking would prevail.

If he tries that with Chimaev when he hopefully comes back, it'll be over within the first 2 rounds. He should invest in himself, speak to Khabib & try to get his wrestling/grappling upto par.

Last edited:
If Ben loses to this little punk I never want to see his face again.

I wonder if he's ever going to fight a boxer. Imagine some random NFL player begging NHL players to 1 v 1 him in football and calling them poosies if they don't. I hope Ben fucking destroys this dude, but either way they're both douchebags.

Its kinda funny how blatant Dana's negotiation techniques are. Before Frances and Stipe fought Dana kept saying Jones is gonna get the winner 100%. Now the fight is over and its time to negotiate Jones vs Frances and Dana is saying Derrick Lewis might get the fight in hopes that Jones will take a lower offer to try to secure the fight.

mxbison

Jones said himself that he makes 5 million per fight though. And his PPV numbers were never really that high, he'd definitely make more vs Ngannou.

Shouldn't brag about money when you plan on playing the victim card a year later.

Last edited:

Arkam

Dont be sleeping on the Bellator fights that are about to kick off their return to action. Two tournaments (FW & LHW) going on here with some solid fighters.

4/2 Bellator 255 - Pitbull v Sanchez
4/9 Bellator 256 - Bader v Machida
4/16 Bellator 257 - Nemkov v Davis
5/7 Bellator 258 - Archuleta v Pettis (Also has Yoel v Rumble!)

Also this Friday's fights are free: https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/E...e-of-Charge-to-NonShowtime-Subscribers-178533

Here is the full lineup for UFC 262:

www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2021/3/31/22360633/ufc-262-official-fight-card-announced

Looks good. Tony's work with Roach hopefully can prolong his career, tough match against Dariush, he's in great form.

Bellator looks good.

One Championship on weds.

Arkam

lol he had to tell the ref himself that the guy was asleep sweet match
He straight up yelled at him afterword. Ref was incredibly slow/late on that one. Dude was dead to the world and ref was still raising and dropping his arm like "IDK.... could be out"

Pitbull looked great and cannot wait to see him lock horns with AJ, who also looked great in his last bout with that quick finish of Caldwell.

SpiceRacz

He straight up yelled at him afterword. Ref was incredibly slow/late on that one. Dude was dead to the world and ref was still raising and dropping his arm like "IDK.... could be out"

Pitbull looked great and cannot wait to see him lock horns with AJ, who also looked great in his last bout with that quick finish of Caldwell.

That should be a great fight and will really tell us where AJ is at. Been exciting to watch AJ develop in Bellator. I think he's already a better fighter than his dad ever was.

Dude I hate that fat reporter whose neck and chin are combined, "that's the tough part everyone thought it was entertaining until you lose and now its not entertaining anymore, like you shouldn't be acting that way?"

First of all no one said its not entertaining anymore, but there's a time and place for everything. Of course he shouldn't be acting that way in the cage when he's getting pummeled into the ground. He was laughing and having a conversation with Khabib instead of of his coach in the corner every round. And Kevin Holland realizes its people that support him that want him to be better, that's why he said I owe the people and no regrets for people being upset.

Edit: Bro this whole interview is the reporters trying to dig more and more trying cause a divide between Kevin and his fanbase and trying to get a headline, this is disgusting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom