• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mo. Lawmaker Calls for Confederate Monument Vandals to Be “Hung From a Tall Tree"

Newsweek said:
There are calls for a Missouri lawmaker to resign after he seemingly suggested the people responsible for vandalizing a Confederate monument with paint at Springfield National Cemetery should be lynched, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Representative Warren Love, a Republican from Osceola, Missouri, responded to the news of the vandalism with a Facebook post on Wednesday that said, “This is totally against the law. I hope they are found & hung from a tall tree with a long rope.”
Representative Shamed Dogan of Ballwin, the only black Republican in Missouri’s legislature, according to the Post-Dispatch, said in a tweet, “Vandalizing property is wrong, but hoping for people to be hung/lynched over it?? Way over the line!!”
digpa5dvwaaqxwd.jpg

More at source..

Find a less racist way to kill me if old..

D i Z

If Representative Warren Love really wants to try it, let's see if that tactic works out for him or anyone else who wants to announce that this is what they want.

As heinous as this is (seriously, WHY would a statue matter more than a human life???), the poll in the article also says that 54 percent of American adults think that we should preserve the monuments in a public space. That many people?

Apharmd

True colors come the fuck out.

Goddamn racists thinking what's wrong with this country is that we stopped public lynching. And not lynching like cops shooting black people for no good reason, hard actual lynching like HANGING FROM A FUCKING TREE.

Fuck OFF.

Violater

What a time to be alive.
The repressed bigotry and hatred is like a genie that will never get put back in the bottle.
I fear these types of occurrences have become the new norm.

"I hope they are found & hung from a tall tree with a long rope.”

Guy, this is why people are tearing down and defacing these statues. It's 2017 and you still openly want to lynch people. You're an example of the reason why every last confederate monument needs to be razed from the earth.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's what the statue represents, so with him being a racist piece of shit it makes sense that he wants to keep the tradition alive.

Klotera

The cities in MO are incredible. The rest of the state blows. Don't judge us based on this :/

Yeah, while I know it applies to a lot of states, I feel it's especially true for Missouri that the cities get really screwed by the rural part. Hell, the state just overrode St. Louis's minimum wage increase that had already gone into effect. In KC, Mayor James is always having to explain to people why he can't address certain problems because the state has tied his hands.

Ponn

Banned
“That was an exaggerated statement that, you know, a lot of times is used in the Western world when somebody does a crime or commits theft.... That’s just a Western term, and I’m very much a Western man.... You know, I wear a coat. You know, I dress Western. And, you know, I’m the cowboy of the Capitol,” Love said

"Everybody says it. Imma cowboy, YEEEHAWWW!"

Top Bottom