• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mo. Lawmaker Calls for Confederate Monument Vandals to Be “Hung From a Tall Tree"

Enzom21

Oh, word?

ezghLC2.gif

D i Z

Maybe If I play guitar for him, he won't want to hang people to death for vandalizing his "I love slavery" statues

What? No soft-shoe? Shiftless ass....

If we're going to talk about lynching then we should show what actual lynching looks like, no? The dismemberment for trophies of black body parts for white families. The families taking portraits with hung and burnt bodies, young and old. The drowning of black children, or feeding them to Alligators. Lets talk about that kind of hate, and how it's a real thing for once, and stop skipping over the horror that these people want to inflict.

Breads

Banned
Fuck... I forgot about the alligator bait shit.

That was a new one I learned about recently.

It's so hard to keep up with all the ways people hate in this country.

D i Z

Fuck... I forgot about the alligator bait shit.

That was a new one I learned about recently.

It's so hard to keep up with all the ways people hate in this country.

I can keep going if you like. That's just what I know that has been exposed here. Plenty more where all that came from.

Caelus

If we're going to talk about lynching then we should show what actual lynching looks like, no? The dismemberment for trophies of black body parts for white families. The families taking portraits with hung and burnt bodies, young and old. The drowning of black children, or feeding them to Alligators. Lets talk about that kind of hate, and how it's a real thing for once, and stop skipping over the horror that these people want to inflict.

People need to also remember that this is all very recent as hell, there are still people alive (and having raised families) who also attended public lynchings. The perspective that this is ancient history needs to end. Institutionalized Jim Crow is still happening in the form of the criminal justice system.

You should post his apology, dude invoked "politically correct" like wow

He's "telling it like it is" by threatening lynchings, just like the guy earlier this week was when he said people would go missing in GA.

I'm just waiting for the next rep to just flat out name drop Medgar Evers or Emmitt Till, and then whine about how he's being unfairly painted as a violent racist.

Quite interesting..

A Republican in the Missouri House of Representatives celebrated Abraham Lincoln's birthday by sharing a blog post that calls the 16th president the "greatest tyrant and despot in American history."

Warren Love, an Osceola Republican, shared the post, which concludes with a lament that "John Wilkes Booth did not act four years earlier," on his Facebook account. Stephen Webber, the chair of the Missouri Democratic Party, took a screenshot of Love's post that he shared on Twitter.

Just talking like a cowboy, I reckon..

Most Republicans know better than to go after Lincoln even if they'd have gladly fought on the side of the Confederates, given the chance.

Hagi

This week in Keeping Up with the Confederates we find one member of the family getting back in touch with an old family tradition.

Republicans should be hung from a tall tree. They are useless, responsible for making millions of people miserable and stifling American progress for countless decades.

When he finds out not all of these vandals are black, boy is he going to have egg on his face.

I wouldnt mind him and the Republicans suffering from autoerotic asphyxiation gone bad. The awkward news reports on all those deaths...

EGM1966

How about a compromise? Hang the statues from trees.

What a jerk. And in context of those statues really, really fucking over the line to bring in hanging people from trees.

tbm24

It's something else when you find people triggered so hard about a conferedate statue that they think it's treason and the perpetrators should be murdered. For a fucking confederate statue.

Caelus

It's something else when you find people triggered so hard about a conferedate statue that they think it's treason and the perpetrators should be murdered. For a fucking confederate statue.

The irony is giving me a migraine.

A man in charge of the law wants to hang people for throwing paint on a statue.

A perfect illustration of what's wrong with this increasingly uptight, hyper-judgmental, fearful and angry country.

What? No soft-shoe? Shiftless ass....

This hits me in the gut because these kinds are either indifferent or take pleasure in our pain & misery. It fucks me up

Top Bottom