• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2

Barnabot

TRZ7x7O.jpg

"The battlefield extends into space. Defeat the enemy with your MS or launch surprise attacks as infantry… Grasp the shifting tides of battle, and let loose your victory cry! Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2 allows you to fight alongside your friends (basic play free). Complete countless battles and missions, and become an ace pilot! "

From Gematsu:

Free-to-play team battle action game Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2 will launch for PlayStation 4 in the west on October 1, the latest PlayStation Blog “The Drop” post announced.

The game is currently available with English text support in Japan, Hong Kong (English store, Traditional Chinese store, and Simplified Chinese store), Taiwan, and Korea.

Here is an overview of the game, via its English official website:

About

Win battles and become the best Mobile Suit pilot ever!

Key Features

• Maximum Six-versus-Six Online Battles – Join players around the globe in six-versus-six team online battles! Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2 features the critically acclaimed land combat of its predecessor, and turns it up a notch by adding all new space battles! Fight for survival with your comrades on realistic battlefields!
  • Infantry Battles – Mobile Suits aren’t the only heroes on the battlefield! Pilots can place bombs in enemy bases or request support fire to contribute to the cause! Sometimes, infantry fights can even decide the outcome of the battle!
  • Acquire and Customize Mobile Suits – Spend the earned DP to develop Mobile Suits after battle or spend tokens for attempts at the lottery that can award powerful Mobile Suits! You can also enhance your favorite Mobile Suits through customization!
  • Base Camp – Interact with players from around the world in this online lobby! Become a pilot and make battle preparations such as upgrading Mobile Suits in the neutral base camp! In addition, you can freely interact with an assortment of battle comrades that cross your path.
  • Ever-Evolving – New Mobile Suits, stages and costumes will be added to Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2, while also featuring regular events. The game will keep evolving on a daily basis!

Can't wait to try it tomorrow (unless it's a PS Plus only multiplayer game ofc.) since I'm a big Gundam series fan. How about you GAF?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I really want to play the games, but for me are a little slow and arcaic in the moves.

I really wish that will be development by from software like Unicorn

manfestival

I accidentally selected Japanese for text... HOW CAN I SWITCH TO ENGLISH?! Heeeeeeeeeeelp
edit:nevermind I found a guide. I waited forever for this to come stateside. So happy it is here!

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I accidentally selected Japanese for text... HOW CAN I SWITCH TO ENGLISH?! Heeeeeeeeeeelp
edit:nevermind I found a guide. I waited forever for this to come stateside. So happy it is here!
I did the same thing.

It's a fun f2p game that I can jump on and off whenever.

manfestival

Realized that nobody has touched this thread since October 2019. TIME TO CHANGE THAT. Last week of the anniversary event and this game is just awesome f2p. I see my old post of when signing up on the JP account but that is an issue no more for US players(hasn't been for a while)!

We need more GAFFERS playing this!

Patterson

I’m still waiting for a proper Gundam rpg.
Last one was on ps2 but they kind of half assed it with the chibi form.
Give me.

evolvaer

Banned
This game and it's online player community is as bad now as it was when it first released a few years back in the West.
Terrible latency still, match queus still eratic, lack of communication with team mates in a team based game, cowardly players that hide behind their supports and refuse to push, the worst japanese griefer players.

And yet I've played it every day since it's release. I don't know why, maybe it's the familiar gundam sound fx...

Mr.ODST

Loved it when it released on PS5 again but community is dead again ... struggle to even find a game.

evolvaer

Banned
Loved it when it released on PS5 again but community is dead again ... struggle to even find a game.
You actually may have caught it in one of it's many post-update server issues, or just the bi weekly server issues where match queuing stops working.

Community is still very much active, but if you are hooked up via wifi isntead of lan you will have issues with this game.

Top Bottom