• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You mean "the armour always looks gross on women", right?

Because it really fucking does. The Gold Rathian set I just made is the only set I have so far that isn't completely gross looking. I swear, next MH game I'm playing, I'm going to create a male character. >_<

Zinogre is great on female models. Wroggi too. Bnahabarararara as well.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Zinogre is great on female models. Wroggi too. Bnahabarararara as well.
I haven't seen Zinogre, but Wroggi X is an abomination. I looked like a fucking cowboy-themed stripper. >_<
I was so glad to ditch it for the Narga set... which then made me look like a prostitute. ;_; I can't ever win!

also

Banned
So I've been playing some more online and saw a few people tea bagging defeated monsters, or at least that's what it looked like. It happens rarely but it kinda takes me out of the game...

Haunted

I'll definitely be playing later tonight, in a couple of hours.

You mean "the armour always looks gross on women", right?

Because it really fucking does. The Gold Rathian set I just made is the only set I have so far that isn't completely gross looking. I swear, next MH game I'm playing, I'm going to create a male character. >_<
There's some real bad armour in the game, for both sexes.

MH3U_Brachydios_Armor_Blade.png

Armour sets only a mother could love.

tuffy

Though Wroggi X may not be my style, that arm piece with 5 points of Normal Up and 1 slot is quite valuable. But I just noticed that Agnaktor X's arm piece has 2 points of Normal Up and 3 slots and that means I can gem it in equivalently. Even the elemental resistances are similar, so I'll have to see how that looks.

Haunted

The Wroggi arm piece is not the piece of equipment people take issue with. >_>

Some of the female designs are needlessly revealing, but (and this is obviously subjective) they don't come across as super offensive, just stupid. Like, my friend isn't offended by it, she just rolls her eyes whenever the Wroggi, Narga or other stupid sexist armour sets come up.

I'd say a majority of the designs are sensible. Ingot armour :bow

Pila

I must say that I like female armors, I have a girl hunter and I like her stuff. Sometimes you have some stupid "sexy" details but it could be worse, I really hate moronic sexual shit in videogames, MH is not too bad on that regard.

(hey guys I'm not a prude lol, I've got HD pr0n on my PC... it's just something I don't enjoy on videogames)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I must say that I like female armors, I have a girl hunter and I like her stuff. Sometimes you have some stupid "sexy" details but it could be worse, I really hate moronic sexual shit in videogames, MH is not too bad on that regard.
It is pretty bad, tbh. My hunter frequently looks more like a sex worker than someone who's hunting big-ass prehistoric monsters. :(

Doombear

It is pretty bad, tbh. My hunter frequently looks more like a sex worker than someone who's hunting big-ass prehistoric monsters. :(

Whoa! Eyes! My armor skills are up heeeere! =P

I have long preferred the female armor sets, going pretty far back. Just so very used to em by now, and think they look better over all. Butterfly set, you are beautiful. I do agree that some of them (looking at you Narga!) can be pretty ... interesting. Only one I ever wish I could wear is the male Pumpkin Set, always so creepy and great.

Haunted

Goddamn event Ivory Lagiacrus.

I forgot how much damage that fucker does with his combos.

edit: done for now, it's getting late. Good hunting Arc and Beats! :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyone hunting tonight?
I generally hunt with my friend, might do that in a couple of minutes. I'd like if gaffers joined us though. What's the general procedure? Pick a lobby with little traffic and password it with "gaf" or something?

Edit: hell, made a room in Free A Lobby 4 called "HR8+ turns", if anyone wants to join. No password.

Anyone for some HR1 and 2 quests?

I finally beat ceadeus and feel I'm more than ready to give my full attention to the online part, and high rank opened up as well! 70 hours so far... I'm stuck in this forever, am I not?

"Fate and Fire" and "A Burnt Offering" have a bunch of 3% quest rewards odds, so those might be worth a try. Otherwise, just keep breaking the chins and capturing the steel ones.

I can put my new HR1 hunter into action to see how it goes!
Awesome!

Free C
Lobby 1
Neogaf
Password: gaf

Oh and anyone is welcome

Edit: thanks for the plow tuffy!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I spent a lot of time and effort making a Kelbi bow set...only to learn I still suck with the bow!

Oh well, I'm poor now but am much the wiser, plus Giggi gear does look pretty sweet.

tuffy

I'm pretty dreadful with the bow myself. But for bringing down Alatreon with slime explosions, all you need to do is spam level 1 charges nonstop - which is about the most mindless thing there is. It gets pretty good times and isn't too risky. Though it feels a bit cheap, I don't feel too bad about it since he takes hardly any shot damage.

tuffy

The Dios Flyer has 100 slime while the Great Kelbi Deershot awakens to 350, so it'll probably take a lot longer since the Brachy bow's extra shot damage isn't much help. I was able to take down Village Alatreon with the GKD on my first try in about 20 minutes but that one might take closer to 40. The Kelbi bow is ridiculously easy to forge, though, so it's easy to recommend unless you really want to tackle Alatreon before hitting G rank.

I was thinking of trying the download quest of his, since it's high rank, and at my rank I don't have awakening just yet. I can wait and work on getting to g rank though since it will make things easier.

Man this game is crazy with all its content. Having unlocked high-rank in both village and online, it feels like a whole new game just opened up. New areas, difficulty and soooo many monsters with new loot... I have a semi ocd to make all long swords, but maybe it's overkill as it seems like a lot of work already at this point, with special drops being rare etc. Also so many new armors to choose between...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
weapons at least upgrade into other weapons with branching paths, so making them all works out often.

Armor though...yeah. One/two sets for Low rank. Same for High. Then go after what works for your weapon in G rank.

Pila

Weee, got the Champion's Badge and the Arena Trophy yesterday. My times are nothing to write home about, but I managed to get a few "S".

I don't know how to describe my hype for the western MH4U release, I'm so excited guys and it's not even close. :)

also

Banned
Is there any way, aside from eating for gamechanger, to increase your chances of getting a gold crown Deviljho? Like, do any of the quests have a higher chance of spawning him?

Yesterday, while looking for the gold crown, I met someone who has hunted 300 and still has no crown. He was so fed up with it that he didn't even carve. I've hunted 113 already and I really don't want the same thing to happen to me.

Anura

Is there any way, aside from eating for gamechanger, to increase your chances of getting a gold crown Deviljho? Like, do any of the quests have a higher chance of spawning him?

Yesterday, while looking for the gold crown, I met someone who has hunted 300 and still has no crown. He was so fed up with it that he didn't even carve. I've hunted 113 already and I really don't want the same thing to happen to me.

I haven't played in a long time but I'm going to assume world eater is no longer in this game. Gold crowns are just dumb in general.

tuffy

Crown locking might be an option. The RNG determines monster sizes when the quest is posted, so the idea is that you'll hunt something else until a gold crown turns up in the hunt results at the end. Then quit without saving. At that point, you know the RNG on your file is set to turn whatever you post next into a gold crown monster. So use that to make a gold crown Jho.

also

Banned
Those that got the crown, do you remember which quest you got it on?
I haven't played in a long time but I'm going to assume world eater is no longer in this game. Gold crowns are just dumb in general.
There isn't. I agree but I won't put the game down until I have all the guild card awards.

Crown locking might be an option. The RNG determines monster sizes when the quest is posted, so the idea is that you'll hunt something else until a gold crown turns up in the hunt results at the end. Then quit without saving. At that point, you know the RNG on your file is set to turn whatever you post next into a gold crown monster. So use that to make a gold crown Jho.
It takes 5-7min to down a Jho with a good team so crown locking wouldn't be that much help. Not to mention that a gold crown on monster X doesn't necessarily guarantee a gold crown on monster Y because different monsters have different requirements as too how many times bigger/smaller than the average size they must be for a crown. AFAIK, Jho requires one of the, if not the largest multiplier for the crown.

What are the abnormally large monsters in 3U?

Duramboros and...is there a big Brachy or something?
Rust Duramboros is gigantic, while event Brachy doesn't feel that much bigger. I don't think there are any others.

ohlawd

I remember fighting that giant Rusty. Goes up like 4000 m? lol

fight took forever since it was just me and another with a not so good weapon

tuffy

I remember tackling the giant Rusty solo with the Sygian Invidia and some generic Pierce Up/Bonus Shot set (Agnaktor Z, I think). I wound up using all my pierce lv. 2s, pierce lv. 3s, normal lv. 3s, and normal lv. 2s. It took about 40 minutes, 4 cool drinks, and I was left shooting something pathetic by the end of it - but I took him down!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still need to do a bunch of event quests

Deviljho nekkid sounds the most interesting. Never done gigantic Rust D either.

also

Banned
I still need to do a bunch of event quests

Deviljho nekkid sounds the most interesting. Never done gigantic Rust D either.

Naked Jho is not that much different from savage Jho; his attack is way lower so it still takes you at least 2 hits to cart. The only real difference is that you don't have any skills.

Top Bottom