• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise sold over 6 million units

Bodomism

Banned

Sales Hunter Rise
Here It Is Season 6 GIF by Friends

Kumomeme

Really insane when it's already outselling the most await JRPG remake FF7R in just ~1 month.

FF7R youtube views = 16M

Monster Hunter Rise youtube views = 1.2M

I still remember back then people were so sure it was going to sell absurdly based on youtube views.

Monster Hunter is multiplayer co-op game where it attract wider type of audience. nothing suprise here. the game sales also drived by the success of MHW.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Don't respond his costant console war post, just be happy for monster hunter.
Weren't you the one who expected MHR to sell more in worldwide despite being the fastest selling single platform released for capcom and claimed many people were waiting for PC SKU instead of buying Switch SKU? 🤔

Rat Rage

Really insane when it's already outselling the most await JRPG remake FF7R

No surprising, since the "most awaited JRPG remake" turned out to be not a remake at all and a completely different game. It was a huge dissapointment and an even bigger disgrace to the Final Fantasy brand, all while the Enix side of Square-Enix churns out classical Dragon Quest games (which sell millions) every few years like its the easiest thing in the world.

Last edited:

Aldric

It's already Capcom's 8th best selling game of all time and it might surpass Street Fighter 2 on the SNES before they release their financial results in two weeks. Both MonHun's status as a worldwide mainstream hit and Switch's ability to sell software of all kinds are really impressive. It was pretty funny how the usual suspects scoffed at the obvious rumors about a new portable entry in the series because "it makes no sense for Capcom to make a Switch game".

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Good God.

And some people wonder why devs and publishers are reluctant to invest in new IPs.
This game is 300K copies away from breaking a record that held for almost 30 years in one month.

Raven117

It's already Capcom's 8th best selling game of all time and it might surpass Street Fighter 2 on the SNES before they release their financial results in two weeks. Both MonHun's status as a worldwide mainstream hit and Switch's ability to sell software of all kinds are really impressive. It was pretty funny how the usual suspects scoffed at the obvious rumors about a new portable entry in the series because "it makes no sense for Capcom to make a Switch game".
Such a funny tension with Monster Hunter regarding Nintendo Platforms and Other Platforms.

The series is excellent and the more it sells on whatever platform the better.

We get more Monster Hunter is all that matters.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My favourite MH, glad seeing it’s selling so well.

I don’t expect to sell as much as Rise but really hope Great Ace Attorney also find success.

Kimahri

Banned
What is going on with Capcom lately? Absolutely incredibly turnaround since years back when everyone shat on them.

Will be there when next MH happens for PS5/XsX. Loved MHW but no intention of playing on Nintendo’s glorified calculator.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well deserved.

Now excuse me while I pull out my serrated knife and hastily butcher this giant beast in the middle of a cornfield to see what parts I can harvest.

Top Bottom