• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Kitkatt

Neo Member
Feels like I'm coming in when all the Monster Strike hype has died down. :(
But I still would love to join the private GAF Line Group and make friends/do Co-op quests.

Current group setup:
Sun Wukong Max level(searching for 5 red stones/4 sharls to evolve).
Oda Nobunana X Max Level.
Quiri level 37

Add me if you like: 932,243,811,454.
Thanks!

fek

Feels like I'm coming in when all the Monster Strike hype has died down. :(
But I still would love to join the private GAF Line Group and make friends/do Co-op quests.

Current group setup:
Sun Wukong Max level(searching for 5 red stones/4 sharls to evolve).
Oda Nobunana X level 61
Quiri level 37

Add me if you like: 932,243,811,454.
Thanks!
Post your line user ID or PM me, I can invite you.

Macrotus

Managed to get 5 max luck monsters in JP before the new difficulty quest that requires it:

wow, you made a luck maxed Vampi-nyan.
That quest was too hard for me. I heard that Anubis makes the quest a lot easier,
but unfortunately, I didn't have any good water monsters...
So I gave up after hitting luckx8.

As for the new Avalon quest. I did have 5 luck maxed monsters,
but since I didn't have any good water monsters, I didn't even try lol
ZCZEWfy.png

I haven't been really successful with Yamatotakeru.
I always die during the boss stage.

I made a Jyu-shinka version of Hunter King, so hopefully that would make some difference next time.
(I don't have Oryo though which is the best monster for that quest...)
JTEYqOe.png

fek

wow, you made a luck maxed Vampi-nyan.
That quest was too hard for me. I heard that Anubis makes the quest a lot easier,
but unfortunately, I didn't have any good water monsters...
So I gave up after hitting luckx8.

As for the new Avalon quest. I did have 5 luck maxed monsters,
but since I didn't have any good water monsters, I didn't even try lol

I haven't been really successful with Yamatotakeru.
I always die during the boss stage.

I made a Jyu-shinka version of Hunter King, so hopefully that would make some difference next time.
(I don't have Oryo though which is the best monster for that quest...)
I think Lucifer (Satan) alpha is now the best monster for Yamato. I was disappointed to get him instead of Margarite or Nonno on the summer hatcher but I have been using him against Yamato and tested him against Daikokuten recently and his Paladin slayer with his strike shot is so good
And nice that you got to evolve Hunter King, I wasn't able to get the materials for my Striker

Tomorrow. Believe.

At least we have that [NA exclusive?] monster to look forward to. But yes, I need my Lucy.
I was saving orbs for Lucy but I will roll for Tempest, it's really cool to have exclusive monsters for the english version

chrono01

I was saving orbs for Lucy but I will roll for Tempest, it's really cool to have exclusive monsters for the english version
I want to pull too, unless her abilities are awful, but with only 450 orbs I feel like I should continue waiting for Lucy.

It's really surprising to see another Legend-only unit come around before Lucy. We're right about the time where we should be getting her [Japan get her at the first anniversary and we just hit that milestone] and Halloween would have been the perfect fit. I get that she's over-powered and all that, but they can't intentionally hold her back because of that. She's not even that OP anymore, what with Arthur's ascension being available [in Japan].

If it's taking us this long to get Lucy, I'm worried about how long it'll take for us to get all of those other ascensions. :(

chrono01

Only 450 orbs.
Compared to some of the people in LINE, 450 orbs is on the low side. It doesn't help that my luck with gatcha game is...poor, to say the least. :(

But yeah, I might spend 50 or so in single pulls and see if I get lucky. I'd like to do at least 8 ten-pulls when Lucy is released, so I'd prefer not to fall below 400 orbs.

If it's taking us this long to get Lucy, I'm worried about how long it'll take for us to get all of those other ascensions. :(

when we get Lucy has no bearing on any other monster's arrival/update besides other Legends-only monsters like Himiko and Daji

it's pretty obvious they are going on a different release schedule than Japan's in terms of new monster series, impossible quests, special events and legends units

we're actually very far ahead in monster series compared to everything else
for example, Lucy came with Asura in Japan and after that, the three musketeers were released, while we got those almost three months ago

no idea when we'll get Lucy if ever no why they are still holding her back (if they are) (maybe they are waiting for new years), but it's not like everything else is being held back especially with new monsters/ascensions

chrono01

when we get Lucy has no bearing on any other monster's arrival/update besides other Legends-only monsters like Himiko and Daji

it's pretty obvious they are going on a different release schedule than Japan's in terms of new monster series, impossible quests, special events and legends units

we're actually very far ahead in monster series compared to everything else
for example, Lucy came with Asura in Japan and after that, the three musketeers were released, while we got those almost three months ago

no idea when we'll get Lucy if ever no why they are still holding her back (if they are) (maybe they are waiting for new years), but it's not like everything else is being held back especially with new monsters/ascensions
Yeah, content-wise we're pretty well up there, it's just Lucy [for whatever reason] that's being delayed. I'm sure they have their reasons, though.

I guess we'll just have to remain as patient as we can.

Shouta

Tempest seems pretty good going by those stats. She's basically a pierce version of Asc Ai Mechamori. Even has a bump combo that can't get reduced by gimmicks aside from having too many targets on screen, lol.

chrono01

I was going to do a ten-pull, but then read that there's a possible big and the gatcha was spitting out Luck +1 monsters, instead of Luck +5 like it was advertised. Not only that, the rates seem a lot lower than many expected, with some not getting a single 5* out of 150+ orbs. I know, RNG is RNG, but still.

I'll wait and see if Mixi acknowledges the luck issue. Once that's fixed, I'll probably do a ten-shout anyway and see what happens.

I was going to do a ten-pull, but then read that there's a possible big and the gatcha was spitting out Luck +1 monsters, instead of Luck +5 like it was advertised. Not only that, the rates seem a lot lower than many expected, with some not getting a single 5* out of 150+ orbs. I know, RNG is RNG, but still.

I'll wait and see if Mixi acknowledges the luck issue. Once that's fixed, I'll probably do a ten-shout anyway and see what happens.

Hm. Didnt check the luck on my monsters. I should stick to single pulls...maybe

nope, the ygg I pulled has 5 luck so no luck issue

though I pulled a herc and its 1 luck so I imagine it's the non featured stuff

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I rolled 140, got Saigo, Seimei and 4 crappy units. Close enough I guess. Probably only spend 100 on Sakura. So I'll still be at
four digits

fek

I did a 10 shot yesterday and got luck 1 Striker, now they sent me another copy with luck 4 in compensation for the bug lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I did a 10 shot yesterday and got luck 1 Striker, now they sent me another copy with luck 4 in compensation for the bug lol
Lucky... two super good asc units in 3-9 months
invoker-romance.gif

*Dupe Seimei and Valk. I rolled 2 Eclipse, but only got one extra one lol

KuroNeeko

Really need water bounce null warp monsters for Avalon, tried 4 times today thanks to a rank up but wasn't able to beat it. I'll get another Yamato and asc my Undine to try again the next time

You gotta get that 鈴蘭 yo!

Or you can get cracking on that max luck Joker!

Oh god, Asuka Uriel
http://www.monster-strike.com/news/20151111_1.html

Can't wait to see what else is coming

Yeah, I hope she's not a gacha unit. I tried to get Asuka last time but pulled Rei instead.
I, I'm not ready for Asuka Uriel....

fek

Avalon revenge will be this weekend, I got that team ready so hopefully will be able to get her this time
And last Eva Collab I got 2 Shinji, will roll again this time but also need to save for whatever comes for the holidays

KuroNeeko

Avalon revenge will be this weekend, I got that team ready so hopefully will be able to get her this time
And last Eva Collab I got 2 Shinji, will roll again this time but also need to save for whatever comes for the holidays

The light one, or the blue one? The light one is rated pretty highly, but you never see it. Also, has it been confirmed that Uriel Asuka will be a gacha unit? I STILL HAVE HOPE!

You guys complaining about not having Lucifer (the girl), you've never had it so good. At any given moment, about 1/4 of my friend list is Lucifer. Once you get her on your team, the game becomes less about hitting the monsters and more about just hitting her. <.<;

fek

The light one, or the blue one? The light one is rated pretty highly, but you never see it. Also, has it been confirmed that Uriel Asuka will be a gacha unit? I STILL HAVE HOPE!

You guys complaining about not having Lucifer (the girl), you've never had it so good. At any given moment, about 1/4 of my friend list is Lucifer. Once you get her on your team, the game becomes less about hitting the monsters and more about just hitting her. <.<;
It's the same, evo is water and one of the ascension forms are light while the other is still water. I made one evo and the other light asc. And it's not confirmed yet but we will know more about the collab in the monster strike news later today.

Scythian

That actually looks pretty fun if it's a full on RPG with a decent story, lol.

It looks at least better than what we got with PAD 3DS >.<
I'd like it a bit more if the actual game screen didn't look worse than the game's. It'll be interesting if they play around with the monster collecting, like side quests with a bit of story to them to get the monsters.

Top Bottom