• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moore interview pt 2. Implies lower price for EU

hadareud

The Translator
http://*****.com/detail/editorial.asp?eid=10109297

"*****: And that’s surely a lesson learned from the first Xbox?

Moore: Yeah, especially in Europe. One thing we’ve learned is shipping in March at 479 Euros is maybe not the right thing to do…we’re going to go at the right time and we’re going to price to meet the consumers’ needs."

also

"This is a global business now. And I know Europeans always feel they get shafted. Marketing is a key factor and pricing is a weapon, there’s no doubt. And if you over-price, regardless of what your profit needs are, you’re just going to be left with an inventory in your warehouse and your goods won’t sell. "

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm sensing this to be big. They have kept it under wraps for so long. Going for the jugular is the Microsoft way of doing things.

Borys

Banned
Well most ANALyst predict Europe to be the biggest market next-gen - even bigger than old US.

So I predict a Euro-Sign 299 price.

sangreal

Well, I wasn't sure if we were allowed to post the interview here, but since you did..

I found this interesting
*****: To press the point, we believe there are several titles at Q Entertainment. What are they?

Peter Moore: Right now we’ve only announced Ninety Nine Nights.

*****: And can we expect more?

Peter Moore: Oh yeah. [some PR spin follows]

Hopefully more Mizuguchi games on the way :)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Brilliant.

299 euros in France
299 quid in the UK....

I'm still betting games will be at least 45 quid over here... :(

bill0527

I found this also interesting...

And I believe all Japanese developers love the idea that the Japanese industry is going to be the scene of innovation again. Because quite frankly, they’ll tell you that the current market is one that breeds stagnation. The market share of Sony is so much. How hard does the incumbent have to try to push the envelope of game experience when they have an 80-90% installed base share?

and this...

*****: Is there anything more than Final Fantasy XI on the cards?

Peter Moore: Not that we’ve announced.

*****. Is Final Fantasy XII exclusive to PlayStation 2?

Peter Moore: I don’t know if it’s exclusive. I don’t know. You’d have to ask Square about that. But the relationship with Square took massive investment. Myself, Robbie [Bach] and even Bill Gates spent a lot of time with them. It was one of the only things we had managed to keep secret come E3, thanks to *****!

For those of you that weren't here on Friday, keep in mind that certain parts of pt. 1 of the interview have already been exposed as being false.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
cyberheater said:
Brilliant.

299 euros in France
299 quid in the UK....

I'm still betting games will be at least 45 quid over here... :(

Lol, I'll take them to European Court of Justice myself if they try to charge the UK more than mainland europe.

And where the hell do you buy games from? Even at GAME chart titles only cost £35 (£32 online, £30 if you shop around).

It'll be huge for me if they start at €300 (£200), doubt they will though.

bill0527 said:
For those of you that weren't here on Friday, keep in mind that certain parts of pt. 1 of the interview have already been exposed as being false.

Misrepresenting a bit there aren't we? You make it sound like sections were made up, when in fact, you should keep in mind that it was MOORE'S error, nobody else's.

The part that was "false" was when Moore said that the PD0 screencaps were EGM's fault, which was BS, and the statement has since been retracted after EGM complained to MS. So don't start the hate because of that.

bill0527

fugimax said:
Elaborate..?

In pt. 1 of the interview, Moore orginally said that EGM took their own screenshots of Perfect Dark Zero when they visited Rare several months ago and those aren't the kind of screenshots that should have been released because they didn't have the right context... or some other garbage to that effect.

The EGM guys showed up on the board here and said that those screenshots were not taken by them and that Rare directly provided them.

Soon after... the interview was edited.

GhaleonEB

I found this the most interesting.

Peter Moore: Yes. Here’s what I said at ELSPA. I was pushed on the stage for our targets and goals and I said, “What history tells us is that whoever gets first to 10 million hardware units deployed has a very strong chance of becoming the ultimate successor in the whole generation.” I was pushed and I said that history shows that the figure is achievable in 12 to 16 months. Yeah, I stand by that. I said that and I still believe that. Doing 10 million in 12 to 16 months puts a console in a very strong position.

That's the first solid indication of what their internal targets are that I've read.

sangreal

GhaleonEB said:
I found this the most interesting.

That's the first solid indication of what their internal targets are that I've read.

Er.. how can repeating a statement be the first indication of anything? :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
they'd better not try £45 games. Current gen is pretty much solid £30 now, with all the discounting. So the best they should expect is to move back to the £40 price point.

sangreal said:
It says about as much as the "100 million units" prediction for this gen. ie - let's just wait to see how well it does. It's pointless to argue now.

GhaleonEB

sangreal said:

ghaleoneb said:

Important detail there. :p

Also, I didn't see it mentioned here when that speech was talked about. Could have missed it.

teiresias

*****. Is Final Fantasy XII exclusive to PlayStation 2?

Peter Moore: I don’t know if it’s exclusive. I don’t know. You’d have to ask Square about that. But the relationship with Square took massive investment. Myself, Robbie [Bach] and even Bill Gates spent a lot of time with them. It was one of the only things we had managed to keep secret come E3, thanks to *****!

So we're supposed to be excited about two ports to X360 of PS2 games?

What you need is tempo. Ninja Gaiden is great

Well, yeah, you should have Ninja Gaiden, but....

tempo.gif

WTF?

Superfrog

http://www.microsoft.com/switzerland/partner/de/news/reseller.mspx

Bis am 30. September 2005 Multi-Year Open- und Open-Subscription-Lizenzen verkaufen und doppelt profitieren!

Jetzt lohnt es sich ganz besonders, Ihren Kunden Multi-Year Open- und Open-Subscription-Lizenzen (MYO bzw. OSL) anzubieten: Denn bis am 30. September 2005 belohnen wir Sie mit tollen Prämien, wenn Sie Lizenzen für mindestens 25 PCs pro Kunde verkaufen. Je mehr Sie verkaufen, desto wertvollere Prämien können Sie sich sichern: zum Beispiel einen wertvollen Montblanc® Kugelschreiber oder sogar eine brandneue XBOX 360™ Spielkonsole im Wert von CHF 600.--!

Machen Sie mit und profitieren Sie doppelt: von mehr Umsatz und tollen Prämien! Wie Sie vorgehen müssen, um sich die attraktiven Prämien zu sichern, erfahren Sie bei Ihrem Distributor.

Wir wünschen Ihnen viel Erfolg beim Lizenz-Verkauf und jetzt schon viel Spass mit Ihren Prämien.

It's about official premiums for Swiss retailers that sell Microsoft "Multi-Year Open- and Open-Subscription" licenses for 25+ workstations per customer. Whatever, the point is that there are premium examples mentioned such as a Montblanc® ballpen :)D) and an Xbox 360 worth CHF 600.--(francs). So this may be a hint on the official European X360 pricing...

CHF600 = €387 = £264 (= $478)

Bigfonzie

Im going to put my cards on the table and say, Microsoft are going for the €299 euro price, they want big sales from the start and they can see there main growth coming from Europe, good luck to them :) .

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Bigfonzie said:
Im going to put my cards on the table and say, Microsoft are going for the €299 euro price, they want big sales from the start and they can see there main growth coming from Europe, good luck to them :) .

So 299 uk pounds it is then...

Cause no way will f**king Game/Dixons/Comet be selling it for 205 quid. No way...

Chittagong

Gold Member
Bigfonzie said:

I'm going to put one card more on the table and say that don't expect HDD in that SKU, or you'll be disappointed.

Top Bottom