• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TechRadar: PSVR 2’s price is its biggest obstacle

scydrex

If it was cheaper most of this would be forgivable, but Sony rushed this thing out without a proper library to support it. Most people are not early adopters of new consoles, they wait until it has a library or a killer app they feel compelled to play. PSVR2 does not have any of these yet.

This is different than when people buy a launch console without many games because they know that the platform will eventually have games. With that, you buy a PS5 because you know it will have a better version of current/cross gen titles and it will eventually have games that won’t be on PS4. It helps that PS5 was backwards compatible. With PSVR2 it’s not backwards compatible and it’s not like every new game is going to show up on that platform - just VR games, which have yet to really break into the mainstream.
You don't know what are talking about. Saying the library is poor. Have you seen the games or tried it at least?
Gt7 in VR is unbelievable. Will not play gt7 on tv ever again. The experience in vr is on another league. It's a killer app.
Re8 in is unbelievable. I finished like 5 or 6 times in flat screen and with vr still it feels like a new game. Better in every way. Scarier and the experince is another league. It's a killer app.
Walking dead saints and sinners 1 & 2 are awesome vr games must have. Excellent games.
Pistok whip excellent game. Had a lot of fun with a friend playing it.
Pavlov is like a counter strike type of game.
Light brigade another excellent game. Feels like a souls games plus returnal with ww2 weapons.
All of those games are must have games. The ones i have tried. Played the demo of horizon and starwars. Will buy them later. They are good.
More games comming. Have 1 week with mine and having a lot of fun and enjoying it a lot. I don't feel there are no games for psvr2. I have a lot of games to play.
What you say only apply to people who own a good pc or high end with a 4090 and a vr headset. It dosen't have a poor library but it's the truth. What it need is more exclusive. Also Astrobot and alyx would love to play those.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

You don't know what are talking about. Saying the library is poor. Have you seen the games or tried it at least?
Gt7 in VR is unbelievable. Will not play gt7 on tv ever again. The experience in vr is on another league.
Re8 in is unbelievable. I finished like 5 or 6 times in flat screen and with vr still it feels like a new game. Better in every way. Scarier and the experince is another league.
Walking dead saints and sinners 1 & 2 are awesome vr games must have. Excellent games.
Pistok whip awesome game too.
Pavlov awesome counter strike type of game.
Light brigade awesome game. Feels like a souls games plus returnal with ww2 weapons.
There are more games that are good and excelent games. Have 1 week with mine ans having a lot of fun and enjoying it a lot. I don't feel there are no games for psvr2. What you say only apply to people who own a good pc or high end with a 4090 and a vr headset. It dosen't have a poor library sorry but it's the truth.
Welcome to GAF, where, for a large percentage of the users, if it's not a AAA multi-million 30h+ game, it is just not a game at all. It's a "demo" or an "experience", something experimental that devs should be ashamed of charging money for it.

Minsc

Gold Member
Surely the fact it is wired is worse? It can't compete with Quest.
What wireless headset can do eye tracking fovated rendering? That alone seems too demanding a feature to run wireless, unless you want see visually see the screen enhancing where you look after you are looking there, instead of instantaneously.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Welcome to GAF, where, for a large percentage of the users, if it's not a AAA multi-million 30h+ game, it is just not a game at all. It's a "demo" or an "experience", something experimental that devs should be ashamed of charging money for it.
And at the same time, we don't buy and sub for our games.

Gt7 in VR is unbelievable. Will not play gt7 on tv ever again. The experience in vr is on another league. It's a killer app.
Re8 in is unbelievable. I finished like 5 or 6 times in flat screen and with vr still it feels like a new game. Better in every way. Scarier and the experince is another league. It's a killer app.
Pistok whip excellent game. Had a lot of fun with a friend playing it.
Pavlov is like a counter strike type of game.
Light brigade another excellent game. Feels like a souls games plus returnal with ww2 weapons.
All of those games are must have games. The ones i have tried. Played the demo of horizon and starwars. Will buy them later. They are good.
More games comming. Have 1 week with mine and having a lot of fun and enjoying it a lot. I don't feel there are no games for psvr2. I have a lot of games to play.
What you say only apply to people who own a good pc or high end with a 4090 and a vr headset. It dosen't have a poor library but it's the truth. What it need is more exclusive. Also Astrobot and alyx would love to play those.

Where did I say it was poor? It’s just not enough to justify a purchase of a $500 headset, which needs a PS5 - and if I have that I can play (or already have played) half the games on your list, flat. If I’m that big a fan that this would win me over, I already owned a PSVR and experienced many of these games.

I’m happy you are pleased with PSVR2, but it’s pretty clear most people don’t share your excitement and it’s no surprise why.

Minsc

Gold Member
Where did I say it was poor? It’s just not enough to justify a purchase of a $500 headset, which needs a PS5 - and if I have that I can play (or already have played) half the games on your list, flat. If I’m that big a fan that this would win me over, I already owned a PSVR and experienced many of these games.

I’m happy you are pleased with PSVR2, but it’s pretty clear most people don’t share your excitement and it’s no surprise why.

Eh, even if the PSVR2 and the PS5 and the games were all free, people still wouldn't be "justified" or happy with it.

Yes, if the PSVR2, PS5, and games were all being given away for free, people would still be complaining. So I don't know, you just can't win.

But, if you enjoy a game enough to dedicate a room to it - like how people buy wheels, pedals, seats, and more just to have a racing game, and that stuff costs $1000s, a headset absolutely can be justified by a single game.

I'm pretty sure even though I love RE8 to death and find dozens of other games all worthwhile and able to justify the cost through them - when just a single game eventually releases - Pinball FX on VR2 - that game alone will justify the cost of the system for me. I love pinball, and getting to play it in VR at the quality the latest FX tables are made in, that would be the closest thing there is to actually owning the tables in your house, which quickly gets to be super-expensive ($10,000s and very space-demanding).

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Same in the UK.

Needs to get into high streets etc shortly so we can see a boost in sales.
I know lower population but no supply issues here in Australia, you can just walk off the street and buy one. We are not immune to stock shortages; we had the same supply issues as everyone else around the world with hard to get tech items but $879 AUD in Australia is too much of a bitter pill to swallow for a PSVR2 it seems.

Top Bottom