• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More ways to play your GOG games – we’re teaming up with Luna cloud streaming service!

GOGLUNAKV.png

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from GOG, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

Let’s dive into it and take a look at how it works!

What exactly is Amazon Luna?

It is a cloud gaming service developed and operated by Amazon. The service first launched in March 2022 in the United States, and then spread its reach to other countries last year, with availability in the USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain.

Luna works by streaming games from cloud servers and runs on Amazon’s powerful cloud computing service Amazon Web Services (AWS). And what it means is that it allows its customers to enjoy gaming on the go, on the couch, or anywhere else you have an internet connection.

No lengthy downloads or updates, no need for an expensive gaming PC, complicated setup, or heavy computer processing – just pure joy of running your games on a device of your choice in high-quality.

What’s in it for you?

As stated earlier, this means we’re bringing new ways to enjoy your games on multiple devices. Whether your current gaming rig isn’t powerful enough to handle the latest release, you’re often away from home and still want to play, or you just sometimes want to change your environment while keeping playing – Luna is the perfect solution in all those scenarios.

Devices that you already own (PCs, smart phones, tablets, Fire TV devices and smart TVs) can become your gaming devices, and Luna also supports peripherals that you already own, such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4 controllers, and mouse + keyboard.

Luna also offers its own Luna Controller, which makes it even easier to seamlessly transition your game from one screen to the next.

You’re visiting relatives but want to keep exploring Night City? Just pack your controller with you and play Cyberpunk 2077 on your smartphone or their TV.

But how does it work and what about the DRM-free aspect?

Now that’s the best part. On Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

In other words, buying games on GOG (directly on our service or via Luna) will give you the best of both worlds – enjoying them on Luna’s cloud gaming service, as well as via offline installers or GOG GALAXY. All your DRM-free benefits of owning games on GOG will still be there, you’ll just have more ways to play your favorite titles.

And of course features of GOG GALAXY such as cloud saves and achievements will still work when playing on Luna – don’t worry about splitting your progress.

So, what’s next?

Well, if Luna sounds like something that you’d be interested in, head over to their website, and learn more about the cloud gaming service. Stay tuned, as we’ll share more updates about our collaboration in the future, and be sure that whether you enjoy timeless classics or modern hits, you’ll find such GOG titles on Luna soon!
Discover new ways of playing and have a great one!
Tagged cloud gaming, collaboration, gaming

amigastar

When Google failed what will this bring to the table so it survives?
But it's nice you can play your GOG Library on stream if i got that correct.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve got a GOG library I’ve been wanting to play some other way. It would be cool to stream it from a SmartTV with a Bluetooth kbm.

I haven’t checked but is there even an app for Luna in SmartTVs? They got rid of the Steam Link app on Samsung’s App Store.

Last edited:

Sushi_Combo

Google tech was top notch, while Google strategy and monetization was abysmal and that was their demise.
Wonder what Luna brings on the tech side....
Still have yet to find a service that was as stable as Stadia imo. Hope Luna can fill the void, I have a few games purchased from gog that i'd be interested in trying out.

StereoVsn

I have a ton of games on GoG but the question is which games will work with Luna. Can we actually stream Good Old Games or just the new stuff…

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you have to be a Luna subscriber? I'm not going to pay $10 a month to stream my GOG library, sorry.

amigastar

Do you have to be a Luna subscriber? I'm not going to pay $10 a month to stream my GOG library, sorry.
From what I understand you just need the game on GOG (which would be amazing if true) I'm also not gonna pay extra money. Maybe you will need Amazon Prime idk.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
onlive-cracked.png
Very reluctant about gaming streaming people saw onlive, google stadia now it’s another company giving it a shot.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Oh that's pretty cool, but i wish the hardware was better. Even Fortnite stutters on Luna, and it looks like it is using low/medium settings.

Top Bottom