• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Move over Master Chief, Xbox has a new mascot

Could Master Chief be replaced as Xbox's mascot?

• Yes

Votes: 61 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 99 61.9%

• Total voters

REDRZA MWS

QNnuHgR.gif

“I need a weapon”

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
ummm….I’m sure the game is great but it just came, one game doesn’t make the character iconic enough to make him mascot.

This type of cringe hyperbolic thread needs to stop….we getting a lot of that lately.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Halo Infinite is a big fat turd from 343, but I'd still say Master Chief is the icon of Xbox.

Doom guy could technically take over that role though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Funny bump. not gonna lie, absolutely hilarious, but I kinda feel bad pissing on his grave so going to take the high road. This is not a good time for Xbox Fans. Lets show a little more grace.

Interfectum

Ever since the beginning of Xbox master chief has always been synonymous with the brand, but as mass culture moved away from the brooding, gruff guy, Master chief often feels like a relic of the past. At the perfect time Xbox drops hifi rush to great success along with easy to identify characters who master the balance of being nostalgic but also contemporary, by making Chai and 808 as their mascot Microsoft has a face to put to the brand something they never had outside of The Chief...Sony has Sly, Ratchet, Astrobot, Kratos and so much more, the variety is something Xbox has yet to achive, Chai is a start in the right direction more so fitting their more light hearted style of marketing they are currently going with. Put the rockstar in the spotlight, he's ready.

Hi-Fi-Rush-Chai-808.jpg
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Top Bottom