• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MOVIE POSTER OF THE YEAR: Sin City

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

Courtesy of Daily Variety:

http://www.comicart-l.org/comicart/cal-display.asp?LowryMemberID=1647&LowryGalleryID=16537

zsincity.gif

MASB

It's a cool poster, but the fact that Mickey Rourke is in movie, is probably a mark against it. :p

Milhouse31 said:
It's not plastic surgery. He became professional boxer for a few years.

Its both. James Toney fucked Mickey Rourke up as a sparring partner for around six months. Broke his cheekbone, gave him concussions...ecd. Rourke was getting plastic surgery before/after this from what I know. I'd say most of his creepy looks today come from his plastic surgery.

Flynn

I guarantee that theater one-sheets will have a shitty "Photoshopped Faces" treatment that doesn't look half as cool as this promo.

They are using some special make-up work to make Mickey Rourke look like Marv, plus alot of the movie is being shot on green-screens to help translate the look and feel of the comic. The movie will conatain scenes that are Black & White just like the book as well.

The cast is amazing I really hope this movie doesn't flop.

J2 Cool

i second movie of the year. Frank Miller with the help of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarrintino. Then that cast. This movie will be amazing

Willco

Hollywood Square
I'm still undecided about this movie. Cast is great, but all green screen sucks. And Rodriguez is so hit-and-miss.

J2 Cool

Willco said:
I'm still undecided about this movie. Cast is great, but all green screen sucks. And Rodriguez is so hit-and-miss.

Frank Miller man. Been reading his Batman graphic novels lately. Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One. I got a lot of faith this will be great

Willco

Hollywood Square
J2 Cool said:
Frank Miller man. Been reading his Batman graphic novels lately. Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One. I got a lot of faith this will be great

Just because it has Frank Miller's name on it doesn't mean it's going to be good. He's a producing role, but that doesn't mean much.

Rourke couldn't have looked that bad that he needed surgery. Oh well, I think this movie could put him back on the map.

I think it's Rodriguez's turn to shine again, and I'm dying to see this movie. I hear some of the books are being directly translated to screen such as The Big Fat Kill and That Yellow Bastard.
Willco said:
Just because it has Frank Miller's name on it doesn't mean it's going to be good. He's a producing role, but that doesn't mean much.
Rodriguez is giving him the chance to direct.

Willco

Hollywood Square
trippingmartian said:
Rourke couldn't have looked that bad that he needed surgery. Oh well, I think this movie could put him back on the map.

I don't think it'll put him back on the map. Sin City looks intriguing, but it's a Dimension film, which means it's not going to get a huge marketing budget and I doubt it'll be a $100 million+ flick. Prove me wrong, Rodriguez! Prove me wrong!

I think it's Rodriguez's turn to shine again, and I'm dying to see this movie. I hear some of the books are being directly translated to screen such as The Big Fat Kill and That Yellow Bastard.

I think Rodriguez is a great at picking projects that sound cool and are really interesting, like a direct adaptation of Sin City for example, but much like Guillermo Del Toro, he fails to execute or realize the potential of any of his projects.

Rodriguez is giving him the chance to direct.

This means virtually nothing. From all indications Rodriguez is still directing, but since it's Frank Miller's work, he's giving him more credit and input than most would get when a Hollywood takes their ideas for the cinema. I think it's really cool of Rodriguez, but it's nothing more than that. Nobody is raving about Frank Miller on set or anything, he's nothing special and the hell if I'd trust someone that has no experience in the industry doing a full directing gig.

Again, Miller's name on this project means absolutely nothing to me.

nomoment

J2 Cool said:
It IS Frank Miller. And yes, Frank Miller is a genius.

But, if you've read his Sin City books, you'll realize only about half of them are actually good. I too, remain cautiously optimistic about this movie.

I still stand by my assessment of movie POSTER of the year, though.

nomoment said:
It IS Frank Miller. And yes, Frank Miller is a genius.

I guess someone never read Dark Knight Returns Part 2, eh?

And the last time he was involved in a film, it was Robocop 3 right? Yikes...

But still, I have high hopes, if only for Rodriguez and Tarantino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom