• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSFT gets 50% of Oddworld Inhabitants

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Another non-productive developer get!!!

I wonder what this means for the Oddworld Quintology. You never know, MS might want them to put those art skills to use on something else. It pains me to see how OI has fallen in recent years. They really seemed like they were up and coming during the late PSX era. Munch was less than stellar, but the previous two games were exactly that - stellar.
I remember when I first got Oddworld 1 and how excited I was about a possible quintology. I couldn't give two shits now, really. Sad.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
cybamerc said:
Didn't M$ just recently give up on its publishing agreement with Oddworld?

They evidently did not trust them enough to deliver a constant flow of quality games...

Wait a minute...

WTF ?!?

IgeL

The article mentions that the transaction took place months ago... so Microsoft could have gotten rid of the shares when they announced parting ways with OI. Maybe Lorne & co bought the shares back from MS?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
hmmm, strange to say the least. I suppose Microsoft saw some talent and valuable brands left in that company?? A few million is pocket change for MS, so it's not a huge investment and if Oddworld could produce just one hit in the next 5 years, it'd be well worth it.

They should make Steef a 3rd person action/adventure game with RPG elements and an engaging story. They should follow that up with another Oddworld platformer/adventure game with truly brilliant graphics for the XboxNext (graphics that catches peoples' eyes like the 1st Oddworld was supposed to).

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
This actually happened last year but wasn't revealed publicly until just now. In other words, it doesn't necessarily mark a new chapter in MS/OI relations.

WarPig

Prine said:
So, within the last few months MS aquired talent from Square and oddworld. Good stuff

The story about Microsoft picking up staff from the FFXI team is complete bullshit. It never happened. Christ only knows where the rumor came from.

DFS.

Soul4ger

WarPig said:
The story about Microsoft picking up staff from the FFXI team is complete bullshit. It never happened. Christ only knows where the rumor came from.

DFS.

It came from people hoping against hope that something akin to TFLO would still show up on Xbox.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Prine said:
So, within the last few months MS aquired talent from Square and oddworld. Good stuff

Who hasn't picked up talent from Square since the announced Square/Enix merger?

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
open_mouth_ said:
hmmm, strange to say the least. I suppose Microsoft saw some talent and valuable brands left in that company?? A few million is pocket change for MS, so it's not a huge investment and if Oddworld could produce just one hit in the next 5 years, it'd be well worth it.

They should make Steef a 3rd person action/adventure game with RPG elements and an engaging story. They should follow that up with another Oddworld platformer/adventure game with truly brilliant graphics for the XboxNext (graphics that catches peoples' eyes like the 1st Oddworld was supposed to).

Actually, Stranger's an FPS. Go here:

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=1387

Top Bottom