• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Noi

Hey Noi question. Generally what lv can you be to beat the game quickly. Not sure if it matters or anything but am using momohime currently lv 45.

Just for generally beating the game? Level 45 will do since you can use most of the swords that you can unlock by that point. The game makes it really easy to power level in certain spots as well, so levels shouldn't really be an issue so much as the swords you use.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just for generally beating the game? Level 45 will do since you can use most of the swords that you can unlock by that point. The game makes it really easy to power level in certain spots as well, so levels shouldn't really be an issue so much as the swords you use.

Yeah leveling is super easy, esp if you have zones where you can keep running back and forth too that have 100% encounter rates. Its why I raised levels so fast. Also just to basically pad my HP a bit.

Thanks for the answer will see about clearing this tonight then. Am trying to blast through some of the backlog as its just gotten stupid on my end lol

Skilletor

Forgive me, I'm not familiar with either very much, just been watching youtube videos but the action in Dragon's Crown looked more varied to me?

It's heavy on the action though right? The platforming looked just like collecting from what I saw but I haven't seen that much of it yet.

Not trying to annoy any fans of the game on purpose, I'm speaking from having simply watched a few clips- although that is basically how I make most of my gaming purchase decisions, but I might not have watched the best footage.

Just popping out now, will watch some more of it.

See, this is a bit worrying:

But if there are some gem moments in the game etc, it might be worth putting up with. And I like to take breaks from games so I won't be playing from start to finish without playing other games.

No, I think you're right just from playing Muramasa for a few hours. The game has very little variety. It's very repetitive with a lot of redudancy in the areas. You'll be spending a lot of time running through pretty backgrounds that look the same doing nothing but getting from point A to point b. Occasionally you'll run in to a pack of enemies (of which there seem to be very little variety).

Just from trailers, Dragon's Crown has far more variety just because of character selection and moveset alone.

Parakeetman

I always get a little hungry whenever I see that food. It all looks so warm and delicious.

I actually went to my local soba place in town thanks to this game and got me some tempura soba lol

dat subliminal marketing...

Skyzard

Banned
No, I think you're right just from playing Muramasa for a few hours. The game has very little variety. It's very repetitive with a lot of redudancy in the areas. You'll be spending a lot of time running through pretty backgrounds that look the same doing nothing but getting from point A to point b. Occasionally you'll run in to a pack of enemies (of which there seem to be very little variety).

Just from trailers, Dragon's Crown has far more variety just because of character selection and moveset alone.

Thanks a lot, those are usually quite important for me in a game like this, don't play the genre too often and not fussed about story or characters - I think one of the two will be enough for me. Bit sad I won't get to see the rest of the artwork, for a while anyway.

Guess it probably won't come to EU and with what I've read on the previous page it looks like I may have to import DC as well. Hopefully not.

Just imported that waterfield case and it's seriously overboard for what I would buy pay if it wasn't imported. I guess I'm more lax since it's experienced and has been many places safely.

Noi

I want to practice but I cannot when enemies are not around, is there a way to do that?

There's plenty of areas that have a 100% enemy encounter rate, if not substantially higher than the normal rate. Or you could practice inside an evil cave!

JokerAceX

So i finally beat both Kisuke and Momohime's stories, do you need both those final boss rewarded swords to unlock their 2nd(?) endings or just the one you get when you beat their respective final bosses?

Noi

So i finally beat both Kisuke and Momohime's stories, do you need both those final boss rewarded swords to unlock their 2nd(?) endings or just the one you get when you beat their respective final bosses?

To get Ending B, you need to have those two swords equipped on you when you go fight the final boss.

Abylim

Well, I just bought this online for $55 AUD. I wont get to play the dlc, but I just want this. If its really good, I'll grab it if it comes over here and get the dlc then.

I should have it by thurs/friday.

Received my game from newegg today, came with a worthless cd too. Hate those preorder ost, would have preferred a mini art book or a cheaper price. Who the fuck uses CD's anyway.

Played through shy-japanese-girl story until the third boss on Chaos. Fun but very repetitive and with too much padding. I hate the crafting, reminds me of the awful harvesting of odin sphere.

I hope DC is more focused on its gameplay.

Random screenshots from playing through :

2013-06-26-095848_zps0809003e.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

2013-06-26-131353_zps0b17093f.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

2013-06-27-111314_zps2cf014b9.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

2013-06-27-144257_zpsb168a0d1.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

2013-06-30-195645_zps4d5ba4dd.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

2013-06-26-105905_zpsb217bde7.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

AwRy108

Received my game from newegg today, came with a worthless cd too. Hate those preorder ost, would have preferred a mini art book or a cheaper price. Who the fuck uses CD's anyway.

I PREFER CD's--gives me actual ownership over the media. Same reason I buy all my Vita games in their physical form.

But, yeah, the pre-order CD that came with this game is junk. Why the hell is it only 5 tracks? Do they think that they'd be missing out on some potential sales of the whole OST if they were to include it as a pre-order bonus. Silliness.

RoeBear

Just beat Momohime's first ending on Fury mode, still struggling with Kisuke's final boss. Noi is it best to go after the accessory for the infinite spirit bar? Not really sure how I'll tackle the final final endings...

Noi

Just beat Momohime's first ending on Fury mode, still struggling with Kisuke's final boss. Noi is it best to go after the accessory for the infinite spirit bar? Not really sure how I'll tackle the final final endings...

Hmm? There's absolutely no need when you can literally go invincible for the entire boss when spamming Secret Arts like Gale. Stock up on spirit recovery items and mash away at the circle button! I said it before that the strongest swords aren't the ones with the highest attack power (not counting Oboro Muramasa, anyway).

This game is gorgeous! Finally got around to trying it tonight and wow is it pretty. It flew under my radar on Wii but I'm glad it's on Vita for me to give it a play through.

Parakeetman

Played through shy-japanese-girl story until the third boss on Chaos. Fun but very repetitive and with too much padding. I hate the crafting, reminds me of the awful harvesting of odin sphere.

I hope DC is more focused on its gameplay.

Its a lot cheaper to print CDs than it is actual printed materials even more so if its in color.

What crafting? You make food to regain HP or have in your inventory. Wouldnt exactly call that crafting. Its not like you even need to use the system as you can buy most of the general items from the vendor anyways. Gotta love it when folks whine about something thats optional.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
For some reason I suck so much more when playing as Kisuke instead of Momohime, despite the fact that they control the same.

I don't know, I am baffled myself.

Shin

Banned
For some reason I suck so much more when playing as Kisuke instead of Momohime, despite the fact that they control the same.

I don't know, I am baffled myself.

Maybe it's because he uses a long sword primarily, which is slower but stronger.

I got level 99 and 16 ryo with Momohime (still can't break white barrier yet though).
Trying to obtain all the trophies in this game, found a YT channel that shows how to obtain some difficult/tricky ones.

Just got this yesterday and played maybe three hours. So far my impressions are really positive, they did a great job getting this game on the Vita. I like it more than the Wii version, for sure. At first my only complaint was I couldn't use the d-pad to control it, but then I found the control options. The game also looks great on the Vita's screen. Kinda makes me wanna get Dragons Crown on the Vita instead of the PS3.

kewlmyc

Fuck you Sayo.

Anyone know how to deal with her "FIRE FIRE EVERYWHERE" attack. Only way I've found to deal with it is just take the damage and heal since the fire just breaks your sword. Also what level were you when you fought her?

I'm on Chaos btw.

Parakeetman

JP w/subs.

fantastic, hmm even harder to resist picking up a US copy. Only main issue now is how sony went and made the vita single region. due to the account BS. Its how I actually lost some save data when switching back to the JP one during a format.

really wish sony would patch in something removing that crap when the ps4 comes out hell even before that would be appreciated.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
lol
I played through the borderline incomprehensible Wii game twice, years ago. and do NOT recall anything about muff-diving or eye-humping!

Grisby

For those who have completed the game, what is the length for one of the campaigns (not both of them)?
Took me 9 hours for one. Normal difficulty. I did go through a couple of areas more than once instead of moving to the objective marker.

So maybe take an hour or so off that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
fantastic, hmm even harder to resist picking up a US copy. Only main issue now is how sony went and made the vita single region. due to the account BS. Its how I actually lost some save data when switching back to the JP one during a format.

really wish sony would patch in something removing that crap when the ps4 comes out hell even before that would be appreciated.
Hmm? You can use games from multiple regions without switching accounts (unless you're talking about digital downloads).

Parakeetman

Hmm? You can use games from multiple regions without switching accounts (unless you're talking about digital downloads).

yeah digital dl D:

otherwise trying to reverse import it here is going to be a little bit too expensive for a game i already have.

Novocaine

Been enjoying this game a lot so far. I love the setting, the music and the massive combos make you feel bad ass. Also glad there was key remapping because the evade binding was a little strange (rebound it to R trigger). Not the biggest fan of both jump and attack interacting with people/doors, why couldn't it just have been attack? That's not a big complaint though.

I've been going through with Momohime and not paying attention to the other guy. Is it more beneficial to go through with one at a time or go through with both of them at the same time?

Noi

Play however you like! The one thing to consider is that it might feel a bit weird going from endgame character back to level 1 once you choose to swap to the other character, but otherwise it's perfectly fine to play as one character entirely and then play as the other.

Novocaine

Great. I wasn't sure if it would be detrimental to the game in the later parts. I'm playing on easy right now anyway, so I'll be able to do the 2nd run on hard.

JokerAceX

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjTOQ__KVU4
I feel like I'm more poor with Kisuke, having a hard time buying accessories and stuff.
Even though I'm fighting every battle I encounter + Evil Caves...

As soon as you get to Hida just grind there for a bit to build up cash and souls, that's what i did on my Kisuke playthrough it did seem to be a bit harder to build up resources with with him in the beginning of the game versus Momohime.

JWong

Banned
Sooooo for those people who had their Amazon order crushed and asked for a new one, did you just say it got crushed? Do you have to return the crushed version? (meaning I have to pay for shipping back)

Man, I already beat the game too on digital LOL!

Edit: Welp, it looks like Amazon's system is telling me that I have to return it.

Edit2: Fucking cancelled everything else I had with Amazon. Screw them!

Parakeetman

Sooooo for those people who had their Amazon order crushed and asked for a new one, did you just say it got crushed? Do you have to return the crushed version? (meaning I have to pay for shipping back)

Man, I already beat the game too on digital LOL!

Edit: Welp, it looks like Amazon's system is telling me that I have to return it.

Edit2: Fucking cancelled everything else I had with Amazon. Screw them!

My guess is that they hired a bunch of shitbirds as the fulfilment company. Which is why they stopped and pulled the product for a while. Returning all defective products is to build the case against them.

If you think about your amazon experience in general and how many times shit has arrive in one piece and generally on time, Id say you sound more like you are having a case of the "kneejerks" lol

Make your case back to amazon explain the situation / having to pay shipping etc and am sure you will be credited back.

JWong

Banned
My guess is that they hired a bunch of shitbirds as the fulfilment company. Which is why they stopped and pulled the product for a while. Returning all defective products is to build the case against them.

If you think about your amazon experience in general and how many times shit has arrive in one piece and generally on time, Id say you sound more like you are having a case of the "kneejerks" lol

Make your case back to amazon explain the situation / having to pay shipping etc and am sure you will be credited back.

It was my first order, and I have alternatives.
I'd rather order from the devil (local EBGames/Gamestop) than to deal with another two week shipping and a crushed product.

And I don't want to pay for shipping to get invisible money only usable in their story. That's garbage.

Top Bottom