• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
If I import this I know I won’t be able to get the DLC, but if the game eventually comes out in Australia and the DLC is put up on the Australian store, I’ll be able to download the DLC and use it for the US imported game right?
No, only for the Austrailian (EU?) version of the game.

Paches

Woohoo, finally got my platinum. Last trophy was the speed run, saved the most fun one for last! Came in under 2 hours on Kisuke. Got over 40 hours of content out of this game, just fantastic stuff.

Holmes

I'm having a hard time with the Chimera on fury. I can pretty much handle him easily until I deplete his first health bar. Then he gets a red glow around him and he's much quicker, and when he does his claw attacks, he's much too fast to even avoid. His claw attack depletes half of my sword's soul gauge, and then he fires over 30 blue flames towards me, all while coming at me with his claw. How can I counter this? How do I get him out of his claw attack and back to spinning? Or better yet, how do I remove his red glow?

Noi

I'm having a hard time with the Chimera on fury. I can pretty much handle him easily until I deplete his first health bar. Then he gets a red glow around him and he's much quicker, and when he does his claw attacks, he's much too fast to even avoid. His claw attack depletes half of my sword's soul gauge, and then he fires over 30 blue flames towards me, all while coming at me with his claw. How can I counter this? How do I get him out of his claw attack and back to spinning? Or better yet, how do I remove his red glow?

I don't know how I did it, but I actually got the Chimera stuck on a loop where, even with the red aura, all he ever did was the bounce > sweep attack over and over after the first set of claw swipes.

One tip I can give ya is to bring swords with secret arts that make you invulnerable for long periods of time, even if it's weaker than the ones you're currently using. You can use them to avoid getting hit during stuff like the flame toss, since hitting back the flames with the secret art will use up less spirit meter than blocking to deflect all of them.

On a last attempt, you could always grind on the snow ghosts up in the mountains for each EXP/Souls and raise your Damage/get the strongest swords up to that point.

Holmes

On a last attempt, you could always grind on the snow ghosts up in the mountains for each EXP/Souls and raise your Damage/get the strongest swords up to that point.
Mmm, I think I'll end up doing this. I'm "only" at level 11, although enemies are scaled to your level, so not like it matters. I think I'm gonna cheese him by using Divine Moon III or Tornado along with whetstones. I'll cheese Raijin like that too, and the final boss shouldn't require whetstones.

Noi

Mmm, I think I'll end up doing this. I'm "only" at level 11, although enemies are scaled to your level, so not like it matters. I think I'm gonna cheese him by using Divine Moon III or Tornado along with whetstones. I'll cheese Raijin like that too, and the final boss shouldn't require whetstones.

Enemies scale, but you can still vastly over-level to the point where you can steamroll on sheer damage output. I remember being surprised at how quickly I could take out bosses once I actually landed a hit.

I have to get this to tide me over until Dragon's Crown, I think. So tempted to go digital for the $5 savings but I'm such a sucker for physical, even if it is just the game card and nothing else. =/

Holmes

Well, I did it. Depleted his first health bar, then spammed Divine Moon III and whetstones. Poor thing was stunlocked the whole time and it felt a bit cheap, but it was so worth it.

ubercheez

Beat Momohime's story last night; on to Kisuke's side now.

In the forging tree, none of the weapons I unlocked with Momohime are showing up -- do I need to beat both sides before I can start forging the stuff in the middle?

Noi

Beat Momohime's story last night; on to Kisuke's side now.

In the forging tree, none of the weapons I unlocked with Momohime are showing up -- do I need to beat both sides before I can start forging the stuff in the middle?

Correct.

Gold_Loot

Wow, I bought this game due to the GAF hype and I can't say I'm disappointed at all. This game is really nice! I DO have a question though. I'm playing on chaos mode and getting through it well enough But Im feel like I'm "doing it wrong" . Is there any beginners guide concerning the combat for what techniques I should be using?

Picked the game up today -- is it normal for the North American version to just come with the game? My first physical Vita game, so wasn't sure -- no instructions or anything.

silvon

Picked the game up today -- is it normal for the North American version to just come with the game? My first physical Vita game, so wasn't sure -- no instructions or anything.

I believe all Vita games are like that, unless you order a limited edition or something :(

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
10 new avatars are now available on PSN :)

They include most of the enemy bosses found on Momohime and Kisuke's path.

So should be 20 in total now, for those that want to partake~

Iskander

Neo Member
Beat Momohime side today - had a great time! The game really gives me a 16-bit era vibe for some reason; maybe it's the sparse plot, or the obscure mechanics...the whole thing just feels sort of experimental and I love it. The Sakimoto soundtrack really kicked ass by the end too - it started off so-so, but later tracks were awesome.

I hated long swords at first, until I figured out their air combos. I also only discovered the flying dash move (square + direction) on literally the final boss...!

Noi

Booooooo.

huGYUPi.png
Oh well, no big loss.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Put 20 hours in so far, beat both characters story modes and am now running through and doing the rest of the challenge rooms and other post-game stuff for each character. About 90 of the 108 swords earned so far.

Man some of the challenge rooms are brutal. There is one that recommends lvl 97 or so. Got extremely deep into it at 85 with Momohime, but ran out of healing items and got clobbered by the giant samurai(like wave 15 it felt). Brutal stuff, but it seems I clearly need to come back with some of the best swords and several more levels earned.

Really loved this version of the game. The dedicated jump button absolutely made a huge difference as I could not get into it on Wii at all. Also a great fit on Vita with that screen. In many ways I find it more impressive than even Dragon's Crown visually. Just more parallax and animated effect work in the backdrops.

ban25

Just beat Momohime's story on Chaos and moving onto Kisuke. Ironically, I picked this up because of Dragon's Crown and yet I haven't finished that game yet.

So, got this from Gamefly today. I only put a little over an hour in so far but I'm in love. My only negative so far is that half the game time I've spent playing was required backtracking through empty zones...

Just started playing this today, it plays really great and looks lovely. I just beat the first boss in the very first area. Combat feels lovely in this and the swords are cool. I am guessing there is going to be lots of them! Brings me onto a quick question, after taking out the first boss, I was presented with three characters. I chose one of them and went on my way. Were they basically offering me a different sword? And if so, do you get a chance to get them again?

Noi

Just started playing this today, it plays really great and looks lovely. I just beat the first boss in the very first area. Combat feels lovely in this and the swords are cool. I am guessing there is going to be lots of them! Brings me onto a quick question, after taking out the first boss, I was presented with three characters. I chose one of them and went on my way. Were they basically offering me a different sword? And if so, do you get a chance to get them again?

Nah, nothing of the sort. There's NPCs to talk to before and after every boss fight, and you can only move on once you've talked to all of them. You get the same rewards regardless.

Nah, nothing of the sort. There's NPCs to talk to before and after every boss fight, and you can only move on once you've talked to all of them. You get the same rewards regardless.

Awesome, thanks :)

Started playing on Legend, feels easy so far but I am sure that will change.

mstevens

I really need help with this one. Legend was super easy on both characters, but I can't for the life of me do anything in Chaos. Any suggestions? I literally cannot dodge anything on the last boss...

I don't need to do a ton.. I'm just trying to unlock Fury. Starting to get really frustrated.

EDIT: Just unlocked Fury somehow while defeating Kisuke's second boss... definitely wasn't on Chaos. Has anyone experienced this?

Just bought this about a week ago and started playing a couple of nights back. Really solid so far; wonderful visuals (the backgrounds are achingly beautiful) and the combat is just fantastic. The fighting is varied and deep; feels like something Platinum Games would come up with in a 2D game.

Roubjon

I just randomly started playing this again, and lo and behold, the first DLC is finally out too! I'm gonna buy it and let you know how it is! I'm hoping you don't have to have beaten both stories before you can play it.

I just randomly started playing this again, and lo and behold, the first DLC is finally out too! I'm gonna buy it and let you know how it is! I'm hoping you don't have to have beaten both stories before you can play it.
According to some posts on ps3trophies, it's a new menu even before you get to the game. Will post impressions too :)

Roubjon

Alright, first impressions after the really tough first fight:

What's really cool is that the character has three fighting formations. So instead of just switching between 3 swords, you switch between cat mode and human mode. And then when you have enough souls from killing enemies in battle, you can transform into one of two super powerful modes, where you can do MASSIVE DAMAGE and are also invincible for a short period of time. Depending on if you transform into the super mode as a cat or as a human changes which super mode you go into.

So I thought this is really neat and actually prefer this system over the sword system, just because it's like 2 characters in one. And the way you fight in both modes is similar to how you do in the main game, but this cat chick is really fast and it's really satisfying to do combos and dodge and stuff.

Also, the animations are amazing and it's awesome just to watch the shit happening. For some reason I was worried they would half ass it or something because of this being some DLC for a Vita game that came out half a year ago, but nope! I guess it took so long because they worked so hard on it lol. It's really cool, and I'd say definitely worth $5 if you want some more out of the game.

Then again, these are just me playing the game for 20 minutes, but I don't see my opinion changing

Top Bottom