• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Apparently backtracking, not enough enemy types, and encounter-based battles amount to -2.0 points. Also how long have IGN been trying to be Polygon with that new layout?

Anyway, this seems like a lovely fit for Vita. Will definitely be nabbing it at some point. The question is, which first: Muramasa or Dragon's Crown?

What the hell? 8 is a great score for this game man, I'm not even sure it deserves it.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
The PSN version is out for $34.99! :D

There are also 10 PSN Muramasa Rebirth avatars available too ;)

Grab them while they're hot!

You guys getting it on PSN are lucky fucks. Mine won't be here until Thursday, maybe Wednesday.

Anywho, I want impressions. :D

*runs back to Game & Wario*

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Why do reviews keep being treated as if they're only subtractive rather than additive or just gut feeling? Nevermind that implies there's some hypothetical "perfect game" they're messing up, versus trying to reach a perfect or at least Great game.
What the hell? 8 is a great score for this game man, I'm not even sure it deserves it.

I was trying to make a sarcastic response in light of the posts above mine. Didn't mean it to come across as a serious calculation ^^;
Muramasma is one of those few genuinely unique games that I will enjoy playing on my Vita very much. It could have got 8 butts out of 34.5 and I still would have been interested.

Dragon's Crown doesn't come out until August so... :)

Good point! Let's see how things go with Hotline Miami (not to mention still getting through TLoU) first ;)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Is Chaos super hard? The descriptions make it seem like Legend is Easy and Chaos is Normal.

Legend is easy, Chaos is normal, and
Fury/1 hit kill mode makes me sad (it's hard), especially when it comes to those two trophies ;-;

Noi

Is Chaos super hard? The descriptions make it seem like Legend is Easy and Chaos is Normal.

The difficulty between the two is relatively the same, the difference is the controls. Legend lets you block attack with the attack button at the cost of spirit meter, while Chaos doesn't, so you actually have to dodge attacks.

You can also change controls at any time in the options, so you can swap between them at your leisure!

Ken

Legend is easy, Chaos is normal, and
Fury/1 hit kill mode makes me sad (it's hard), especially when it comes to those two trophies ;-;

The difficulty between the two is relatively the same, the difference is the controls. Legend lets you block attack with the attack button at the cost of spirit meter, while Chaos doesn't, so you actually have to dodge attacks.

You can also change controls at any time in the options, so you can swap between them at your leisure!

Thanks guys.

This game looks so good.

Also square works as the action button, the prompts say to use X but square also works and then you have your dedicated jump button.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
This game looks so good.

Also square works as the action button, the prompts say to use X but square also works and then you have your dedicated jump button.

Good that you brought that up!

For talking to people or picking up treasure, you can use the Square button (default attack button) instead of the X button (default Jump button) instead :)

Should make things nicer~

genjiZERO

Technically? To get all the swords, you need to finish the game with both characters and complete some enemy lairs that have swords as a reward, which are only available after you beat the game. But doing so is still part of one playthrough, since you don't have to restart the game to get 'em.

Yeah I thought I did that.... Weird maybe I missed a few.
LLShC.gif

antitrop

Wow, this game truly shows how incredible the Vita screen really is. No ghosting or blurring, even as the screen is changing scenes rapidly.

Is it better not to turn the brightness all the way up?

kick51

Banned
fun game so far at an hour in. mapping dodge to R helped the flow of combat a lot.

wasnt expecting the term "muff diving" to make an appearance lol

Jobbs

Banned
We can debate the game design and gameplay all day, but for me this is unquestionably one of the most beautiful games ever made, by anyone, ever. Something this beautiful should be owned.

JWong

Banned
[quote="Amazon.com]Muramasa Rebirth Limited Edition with Preorder Bonus
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Monday, July 8, 2013 - Thursday, July 18, 2013 by 8:00pm[/quote]

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

etrain911

There's no english dub! :( It's a totally understandable choice, but I'm one of those people who have an impossible time playing with Japanese voices for some reason.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Ouch man, hopefully you can get a refund or something.

Mine is still on track for what it said at order, although it hasn't shipped. Wonder why this game wasn't ready for release date arrival :/

DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Thursday, June 27, 2013 by 8:00pm

cluderi

I didn't play the Wii version and I've only been playing it for about 90 minutes but this game is beautiful. I guess some people might be annoyed at the lack of English dub but I'm really digging the subs and music plus some of the writing makes me chuckle.

OLED heaven.

Letep

My Amazon order of the limited edition has gone into "We'll email you when we know more" mode. Preordered the day it became available.

*edit

Amazon customer service says they haven't received stock of the game yet. So, we'll see. Could still be today.

Noi

Poor EU :/
Do we have any idea on who is doing the EU port?

Hell has there been any mention of it at all?

No EU publisher has announced anything. Rising Star would be the likeliest, but seeing how the game is out and they haven't said a word...

Volcynika

My Amazon order of the limited edition has gone into "We'll email you when we know more" mode. Preordered the day it became available.

*edit

Amazon customer service says they haven't received stock of the game yet. So, we'll see. Could still be today.

Yeah, Aksys and XSEED seem to be different about game releases in particular. They usually don't even ship stock to retailers until the game's release (today), so it's a bit difficult to get the game before/on Tuesdays with them if you order online.

There's no english dub! :( It's a totally understandable choice, but I'm one of those people who have an impossible time playing with Japanese voices for some reason.

Can the voices be turned off?

Tillbo

Probably a dumb question, but if I was to import a US version (I am in the UK) where would I stand with DLC?

If I have to sign in and use a US account for that purpose I guess I may as well download the US version anyway?

Tizoc

Probably a dumb question, but if I was to import a US version (I am in the UK) where would I stand with DLC?

If I have to sign in and use a US account for that purpose I guess I may as well download the US version anyway?

DLC is region locked, so use any future DLC for this game, you'll need a US account.

QaaQer

I hope its not another Ni No Kuni where some customers lost preorders that went on ebay through some company. Mine says July01-03 arrival, which blows because I'll be on vacation and this was my vacation game.

Pejo

No update on my Newegg pre-order that it's even shipped yet. Guess I'll get it when I get it, lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No update on Amazon yet. Still says it's coming Thursday. Oh well, I can get a good amount of PxZ in while I wait.

Top Bottom