• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My apologies…… I pre ordered Mw2 and the mulitipayer still isn’t up.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's just me or the physical disc doesn't come with anything but the executable for the download of the campaign?

nikos

Depends on your platform. PC version is on a global launch. Consoles launch at midnight in your time zone, or you can change that to access it early.

MiguelItUp

Lol, yeah, the release date is tomorrow. Goes live late tonight if you stay up! :)

If you preordered you CAN play the campaign early as it was part of their promo.

Apparently if you're on Xbox you can change your region to New Zealand on your Activision profile, and you're able to access it early? No clue. Very odd, lmao.

Last edited:

TexMex

For anyone else that pre-ordered on PS5. I downloaded each part already and yeah campaign is up of course, but I'm not seeing Multiplayer/Warzone even on the main menu. I'd of course expect them to be greyed out or unavailable at this time (in NA), but I'm not seeing any mutliplayer selections at all. Normal? Anyone seeing anything different?

Create a new zealand PSN account, change your timezone to NZ, restart your ps5, load cod, it will say installing because the multiplayer is locked, close cod, manage game content, delete the multiplayer add-on.

Load COD on the New Zealand account, it will tell you to download the multiplayer add-on that is free - select to download it (only 4.6gb) once it downloads, the licence will be popped, you can then play multiplayer

Create a new zealand PSN account, change your timezone to NZ, restart your ps5, load cod, it will say installing because the multiplayer is locked, close cod, manage game content, delete the multiplayer add-on.

Load COD on the New Zealand account, it will tell you to download the multiplayer add-on that is free - select to download it (only 4.6gb) once it downloads, the licence will be popped, you can then play multiplayer
Is this actually how you do it without a VPN? Do you know if this has any negative effects on other games, apps or the console itself?

Is this actually how you do it without a VPN? Do you know if this has any negative effects on other games, apps or the console itself?

Yeah, no issues or negative effects, but just to be clear, this isn't going to work for other games, the reason it works for this is because it's a multi-layered licence, early access unlocked, which means you can launch the game, you then trigger the multiplayer add-on from the NZ account, in which case the licence is already 'popped' and you can then play.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
bruh why is steam downloading slower?

stop fucking downloading everyone else i need to play

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

Top Bottom