• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name a game you used to like, but ended hating "for whatever reason"

SSfox

GTAV

i can't stand this game anymore, i used to love it, awesome game, had fun for 2 months with online

BUT...

Rockstar and their greed made me hate this game, i can't stand it anymore, just seeing it make me want to puke, everytime i see it i'm just like FUCK THIS, the way Rockstar is still milking this game while cancelling many games is just disgusting, i was so sick of it that unfollowed their social, now the problem is that even Playstation tweet about it time to time (thanks god it's rare tho)

fart town usa

Gold Member
Resident Evil 5.

Thought it was alright at release. When RE6 came out I was all, "Oh wow, RE5 really is a solid game" but I went and played through it again last year and yea, I really don't like that game. It's just mob after mob with no atmosphere, scares, etc. Just a rehash of RE4 but infinitely less fun to play. Online Co-op is better but I just really don't like the game itself. It's just a big dumb action game and if I want that in RE, I'll just play RE4.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Knockout City.

Was curious about the timing mechanic for offense/defense initially.

7 hours in and it's just another arena shooter where high reflex players dunk on everyone else.

Damigos

Zelda Breath of the Wild
The weapon and stamina system and the abysmal framerate (and the go anywhere do anything which i despise in RPGs) broke me. I started loving it, i ended up hating it

Catphish

Destiny - Great gunplay and gorgeous environments drowned out by nonsensical lore, bullet-sponge enemies, and thoroughly uninspired development.
Elite Dangerous - Amazing core flight mechanics and gameplay utterly ruined by what has to be the most flagrant disrespect of the player's time in any game, ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom