• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Vs. Insomniac Games, who is the premier Sony developer?

Who is the boss?

• Naughty Dog, obviously

Votes: 212 34.4%
  • Obviously Insomniac Games

Votes: 241 39.1%
  • I lean Naughty Dog, slightly

Votes: 92 14.9%
  • Insomniac Games by an inch

Votes: 72 11.7%

• Total voters

fart town usa

Gold Member
Insomniac just shit out quality games for fun, on time and in good condition like it's nothing.

They really are something else.
And that's the thing that really sets them apart.

Even filler stuff like R&C: Into the Nexus, the game looks freaking stunning, one of the last PS3 titles. And R&C: Full Frontal Assault. It's a tower defense 3rd person action game and it's so much more fun than it deserves to be. They are incapable of making a bad game. Their worst game is arguably the R&C remake and that's because it was a step back from all the other R&C games, still a solid game all day though.

Last edited:

Fbh

ND clearly makes quality AAA games but I'd argue that Insomniac's SP gameplay loop has always outshined ND when it comes to gameplay/replayability.

This is a big one for me, specially in recent years.

Like the actual combat in Uncharted 4 is awesome but it feels like the game is actively trying to keep me away from fighting for the sake of the plot. In between every cool combat encounter you have to play through an hour or more of walking and talking, some boring barely interactive flashback or, if you are lucky, some autopiloto climbing sequence which is usually just an excuse for more talking.

It's actually a problem I have with most modern Naughty Dog Games (Uncharted 4, TLOU2) and even games like Gow Ragnarok suffer from it.

Insomniac on the other hand mostly stays away from it. They still tell a story and have cinematic moments but it doesn't feels like it's constantly putting you in boring and barely interactive sequences for the sake of story.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Uncharted 5 Cassie’s Revenge is going to melt eyeballs let’s be honest.
q3fQoQi3pqHh4xZkGpaapzy80Yc=.gif

Top Bottom