• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

need 19' CRT monitor suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i'm getting the feeling my AOC spectrum 9klr is gonna be on it's way out soon. every few minutes the screen jumps around the tiniest bit, and sometimes there are little scanlines, they never stick around more than a few seconds, but it's enough to get me worrying.

yes i've made sure to update drivers and all that stuff. unless any of you folks know of a program that could troubleshoot, then it looks like i need to start looking for a new one...

i've only had this monitor about 2 years now. fucker

atomsk

Party Pooper
yeah, i've been reading alot of reviews on the 955DF

i've also been looking at the ViewSonic P95f+

ViewSonic P95f+B. The best 19" monitor for under $300.

I bought one last year for my new PC and it's been perfect; amazing IQ.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
electronblue4_lft.jpg

my new baby...Lacie Eletronblue IV.

LCD sucks if your into digital art or gaming IMHO.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I have a ViewSonic G90f. It's fantastic. I trust ViewSonic's higher-end monitors. Samsung also has some good bang-for-your-buck shit going around.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>LCD sucks if your into digital art or gaming IMHO.

You are inexperienced.<<<

No, he's right. I'd wouldn't even consider doing photo or art work on a flat panel, even the latest ones I've seen.

Willco said:
I have a ViewSonic G90f. It's fantastic. I trust ViewSonic's higher-end monitors. Samsung also has some good bang-for-your-buck shit going around.

I have the G90f (Graphics Series). Not sure what you're talking about, but it's fucking shitty. I'm getting a 23" HP LCD shortly.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TAJ said:
>>>LCD sucks if your into digital art or gaming IMHO.

You are inexperienced.<<<

No, he's right. I'd wouldn't even consider doing photo or art work on a flat panel, even the latest ones I've seen.

Yep. LCDs still have far too many flaws to be considered viable for many situations. Ghosting, fixed resolution, and poor black levels are still present in even the best LCDs.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I bought some odd brand (ProView I think) 19" flat screen CRT and I love it...especially for $150 a Fred Meyers :D

damn, I'm looking for a good monitor for college, and I've been looking at some LCDs (mainly the samsung 710T), but I plan to do a lot of digital art and a small amount of gaming. Is there a good, small/slim CRT that I could bring with me to college?

B'z-chan

Banned
Willco said:

This man knows the truth go Viewsonic I have a E90fb the g90f's older brother if you will. And i wish i would have enough money just so i can get that new one its awsome and for 200 bucks or so its great. Plus they are good monitors if you cant afford a HDtv using some of the xbox VGA adapters i found that Component RGB signals just look great if not better on my E90fb than on a HDTV.

But yeah go with CRT and go with Viewsonic your wallet and your eyes will thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom