• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need help of Neogaf 1/6 scale figure.

Which one looks better

• Option 1

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr1999

Gold Member
Trying to decide which option looks better. Thought Id ask neogaf.

option 1 is what I have now, but inner chain mail suit with red skirt
aIlIJV2.jpeg

option2 is the original scheme and a piece I managed to find. its the original piece to this set, its bright red and extends to arms but not chain underneath. Did they even wear plate and chain underneath for the time period of Pope Julius II? Because this who its supposed to be, so circa 1500
VrocYPi.jpeg

u3Xq4ZR.jpeg

polearm and sword are harder to come by. he stands tall ;)

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You need a sexy succubus behind him. I’d try out the long red sleeve shirt for a week or two and see if you like it.

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
Option 2 looks better because the red tunic is over the chainmail at the bottom, so it should be the same at the top.

Ownage

aIlIJV2.jpeg

option2 is the original scheme and a piece I managed to find. its the original piece to this set, its bright red and extends to arms but not chain underneath. Did they even wear plate and chain underneath for the time period of Pope Julius II? Because this who its supposed to be, so circa 1500
VrocYPi.jpeg

u3Xq4ZR.jpeg

This guy looks like my coworker in Germany.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I think option 2 looks metal!

Bonus points if you can press a button on his back and he waives his arm up and down for a "cleanse the sinners" effect!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Do.we have a thread for statues? I have been getting into making/painting them lately.

Mr1999

Gold Member
Full battle pope mode

jO3XBH3.jpeg
Cool thing is that the armor is real metal, but he's hard to take apart and put back. Im missing the crucifix, sword and hat, not impossible to come by but it rarely happens anymore. Putting on his new red robe that's coming is going to take over an hour.
Clearly a massive 40K rip off.

j/k

This is fucking awesome. Option 2.
Its based off of this cosplay, but definitely still looks like it has some 40k imperium inspirations.

i7wxA1p.jpeg

Do.we have a thread for statues? I have been getting into making/painting them lately.
Not sure but one should be made. I love everything statues/figures/hobbies, whether its painting miniatures, hot toys, they bring life to a room. Coomodel has some insane looking 1/6 figures.

W3fzZVK.jpeg

assuming this is Baldwin IV
eotpExa.jpeg

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Not at the moment, but it would have to be perfect and I know that would run at least a few hundred dollars.
Busts less expensive than full figures and dioramas, though because they don't take as much time and they're usually a single piece.

I did a little mini Judge Dredd bust last week between commissions, and it definitely went quicker than full figures.
0zaGM4g.jpeg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

aIlIJV2.jpeg

VrocYPi.jpeg

u3Xq4ZR.jpeg

That's so fucking cool.

I've been into action figures at all, but I've always wanted some historical ones to put on my bookshelf. Something like this, although I don't think this dude is based on any historical figure.

Top Bottom