• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thanks GAF.

RagnarokIV

Last forum I was active in was FileFront up until the late 2000s (possibly 2008ish I left). It was glorious, thousand of members and threads daily - integrated into THE website for mods. They hads domains for ALL thr games - jk2files.com etc
I joined it early and back then the net was a place of fun and discovery. The internet was a domain for nerds and geeks.

Gaming magazines slowly faded out and since then I only used the internet for gaming and sailing the high seas. Overtime I noticed my favorite sites either closing down (joystiq) or slowly changing (Eurogamer).

Rab Florence, the most hilarious guy in gaming and a genuine comedian was bombed out... Time passed - years even - and suddently I wasn't getting news about game releases and mods - it was about who a CEO of a developer/publisher was following on twatter. Then game reviews were getting lower scores, some weird articles/reviews happened like Kingdom Come Deliverence, because p0l1t1ks.

Things kept getting worse.

I thought, maybe if I rejoin a forum I can get a grassroots approach to games and the news? I searched google for gaming forums.... The top result was a purple theme. Nice! A forum I can join! Then I read through some threads and it was just the other stuff I saw but worse. "xxx wrote a mysognist article for OPSM2 in 2002, let's check him on twitter to see if he's a better person" (no joke it's there, it was a guy who now works for Insomniac and they censored the uploaded magazine scan lol).

Anyway, I joined GAF (the WORST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!!one!11!).
I've called a few geezers kunts (and you are). I've had some mouthy kunts give it to me and if it were real life, I'd fucken knock you out. But it's the internet! And it's the closest the 2000s pre-p0litics I can get.

Ah, the early 2000s. FileFront. I miss those times.

Thanks GAF for nudging me a little bit back there.
Thanks rofif rofif for having the shittest taste in games ever. Forpsoken? You avin a laugh ya dull kunt!
Thanks adamsapple adamsapple for being the heel of Sonygaf lol.
Thanks Zephir Zephir for giving my first ever gold. No other foru has this level of camaraderie.
Thanks EviLore EviLore you facking mug kunt for liking my post about Rise Of The Footsoldier V: Vengeance and not banning me for saying stupid things.
Thanks Drizzlehell Drizzlehell - when you had the gimpy anime avatar and were posting threads it really got me involved. I still think some kunt mugged you off by closing yours threads!

Tams

Ya a cunt!

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

Luv ya!

Anyway, let's get back to dunking on Phil Spencer.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I always feel like everyone rolls their eyes every time I post something so it's nice to see some words of appreciation, lol.

Thanks for being here with the rest of us, cunt.

-Minsc-

I remember the olden early 2000's days on the IGN Boards. People would make these thank you threads when reaching 1k posts. The list of people thanked reminds me of that.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Last forum I was active in was FileFront up until the late 2000s (possibly 2008ish I left). It was glorious, thousand of members and threads daily - integrated into THE website for mods. They hads domains for ALL thr games - jk2files.com etc
I joined it early and back then the net was a place of fun and discovery. The internet was a domain for nerds and geeks.

Gaming magazines slowly faded out and since then I only used the internet for gaming and sailing the high seas. Overtime I noticed my favorite sites either closing down (joystiq) or slowly changing (Eurogamer).

Rab Florence, the most hilarious guy in gaming and a genuine comedian was bombed out... Time passed - years even - and suddently I wasn't getting news about game releases and mods - it was about who a CEO of a developer/publisher was following on twatter. Then game reviews were getting lower scores, some weird articles/reviews happened like Kingdom Come Deliverence, because p0l1t1ks.

Things kept getting worse.

I thought, maybe if I rejoin a forum I can get a grassroots approach to games and the news? I searched google for gaming forums.... The top result was a purple theme. Nice! A forum I can join! Then I read through some threads and it was just the other stuff I saw but worse. "xxx wrote a mysognist article for OPSM2 in 2002, let's check him on twitter to see if he's a better person" (no joke it's there, it was a guy who now works for Insomniac and they censored the uploaded magazine scan lol).

Anyway, I joined GAF (the WORST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!!one!11!).
I've called a few geezers kunts (and you are). I've had some mouthy kunts give it to me and if it were real life, I'd fucken knock you out. But it's the internet! And it's the closest the 2000s pre-p0litics I can get.

Ah, the early 2000s. FileFront. I miss those times.

Thanks GAF for nudging me a little bit back there.
Thanks rofif rofif for having the shittest taste in games ever. Forpsoken? You avin a laugh ya dull kunt!
Thanks adamsapple adamsapple for being the heel of Sonygaf lol.
Thanks Zephir Zephir for giving my first ever gold. No other foru has this level of camaraderie.
Thanks EviLore EviLore you facking mug kunt for liking my post about Rise Of The Footsoldier V: Vengeance and not banning me for saying stupid things.
Thanks Drizzlehell Drizzlehell - when you had the gimpy anime avatar and were posting threads it really got me involved. I still think some kunt mugged you off by closing yours threads!
Whatever it takes man. I am happy to help !
c63ILuT.jpg

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I am The Forgotten Gaffer.
v34D045.png
NOOOOO I'M SO SORRY!

See It's in all CAPS. You are such a reliable and trustworthy figure I took you for granted in my long ass list.
Just like some other people I probably forgot.

Shit there are thousands of us gimme a break my favorite rapping bear 🙂

I also replied just to see my new "John Marston" Username for shits & giggles.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I feel your pain.
Honestly I wouldn't mind if a Mod or EviLore EviLore changed my Username to John Marston. I did a search and did not find it.

Might as well you know? 😊❤️

Congrats on the name change and thanks for the shout out earlier! I requested a username change too but I doubt it's available. It's a protagonist to the first videogame I ever played.

Edit: Thank you to whomever approved the username change. TurnOneYeti is now Little Mac, the W.V.B.A. World Circuit champion!

Last edited:
Top Bottom