• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0.0.1 Update: A Space Odyssey

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
To continue my obsession with the hamburger sidebar ...

I noticed YouTube has the same thing, but when you click anywhere outside of the navbar, it automatically closes it. This would be REAL nice to have here.

TrainedRage

Banned
So I think I found a bug....

Yeah, um... I never seem to win the game giveaways?
Is there some glitch?
I demand answers!
Fix it now!
Damn it.
:messenger_pouting:

Avasarala

Emoji Emperor
Staff Member
So I think I found a bug....

Yeah, um... I never seem to win the game giveaways?
Is there some glitch?
I demand answers!
Fix it now!
Damn it.
:messenger_pouting:

Not necessarily with plans to adjust the likelihood of specific users emerging victorious; but giveaways do actually make the list of 'things we're not settled on, yet.'

:messenger_moon:

Kamina

Golden Boy
tenor.gif

Pallas

Gold Member
I notice you guys updated the giveaways as well!

sg4uop.jpg

Shits getting real when you can win whirlpool refrigerators on Neogaf

(Don’t take this too seriously, I’m just bored)

Iorv3th

I loaded it up and was all "what the fuck is going on". Thought I went to the wrong site. Will have to explore. Neat upgrade though.

Is this vbulletin or something like xenforo

bitbydeath

On mobile to see alerts (if I haven’t been using it for a while), I need to open the hamburger menu, click something so it refreshers and then open the hamburger menu again.

Can the amount of clicks be reduced?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Please i beg you change the display option of the search function to make the list of searches sorted by date and not by relevance like now. I know i can go to advanced seach an toggle between date and relevance.

Please change this and make the results of the quick search to be sorted by date by default and not by relevance like now so i don't need to go to advanced for this:messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

:messenger_crying:

Also make the pinned threads more difference between the normal thread or make a bar to separate for the rest because right now confuse me with the normal threads.

Last edited:

Bakkus

Not a fan of this. Even when using the dark version. The red in the mods and admins names hurt my eyes.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
At first I thought that I accidentally opened Discord on my PC but then I saw GAF logo and was amazed how similar the new design is to Discord:messenger_beaming:

Anyway, the new design looks lovely as hell! Great work team GAF!:messenger_clapping:

Last edited:

Duallusion

My first impression: not a fan (not enough margin between topics, left menu instead of good 'ol sticky upper one, circular avatars...). I hope I get used to it soon. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

TitusTroy

is there no way of making it so the page fills the entire width of the screen instead of having that Menu bar on the left side of the screen?

EDIT: I see there is a way by clicking that little icon on the top left next to the NeoGaf logo

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Yup. It's the typical "butcher desktop for mobile" redesign. It looks fine on phones. It looks like a fucking content management system on a desktop. Did I just open up someone's Wordpress admin page, or something?
<——- looks at new forum overhaul, goes back to playing 10 year old game.
Try actually providing feedback instead of disregarding a lot of effort like this. :)

Viliger

Wow this is absolutely awful. Overbloated with JavaScript with design sacrificed in favor of adaptive style. I always like the old NeoGaf mobile site, it loaded lightning fast on anything (my old 4s handled it without any problem when even 4chan of all places was taking a while to load) and was generaly very light-weight. Now we have this garbage instead.

Skyn3t

Banned
Welp, the notification icon must be visible all the time, without having to open navigation bar. And change to color scheme to the one from the OldGAF.

Oh, and make Cunth Cunth a super moderator with sparkling nickname.

DiscoJer

One of the things I dislike about the "new" internet (or web) is how pages where I could use 100% of my monitor from left to right (you know, how my eyes are orientated) now decides it needs to use 20-30% of one side, causing me to have to scroll vertically more.

I remember back in the old days this sort of thing was called "Frames" (or the mechanism to make pages was) and it was genuinely loathed.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

So I just had the site swallow a giant OP I was working on. Shouldn't it be autosaving while you're working on posts? Or is that just my imagination.

One quick thought and a feature request.

Using the dark theme, the icon indicating a thread is being watch watched and the icon showing that a thread contains a poll both use a purple color. If the watched thread icon was changed to orange, it would be much easier to notice at a glance. Or change poll color to orange. Either way would work.

I'd also still really like for thread creators to be able to change their thread titles.

It's hard to tell if new posts in a thread mean new news, or people talking about the same news. As another example, if someone makes an official topic for Anthem, I'd rather they not have to make an entire new thread for a simple "double XP" event they're doing over the weekend or whatever. And if they do make a new thread, there's also a good chance that people will start posting in that thread instead of the OT.

The new design looks great, though. I already appreciate the bookmarking feature, and I look forward to hearing about any other features that I might have overlooked.

Fuz

Banned
I absolutely detest it.

No, seriously, WHY?

The layout and usability of NeoGAF was perfect before. Why change something good? Just for the sake of change? This change is terrible.
I don't see myself using this forum anymore for long, if they don't revert (or give us an option to revert) to the old layout.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Looks decent to me, I have a feeling that things are a bit more spaced out than they used to be, as is the fashion with modern design, but I can cope. Both themes work pretty well and I like the colour scheme. Side panel is a bit much on desktop initially, took me a moment or two to realise I could hide it. In general the forum software has always been very very good (not sure what you guys are using - is it custom or off-the-shelf with mods?) in my short time here. I'm one of the guys who prefers the old reddit design and moaned about the RPS theme change, but this I can deal with.

Does anyone else find the blue thread title text against the dark background makes the page look very flat/uninteresting like it all just mushes into one heap? Contrast that, literally, to light mode and its eminently more readable.

Consider trying a different color and see what people think as so far thats the only downside to this new look.

guggnichso

Banned
So, my feedback: The light theme is an abomination, but the dark theme is absolutely ok. I don’t like the different colors for the forum in the mobile Version left side menue however. Also, this menu looks rather busy.

All in all, no further complaints from me so far. I’m absolutely ok with the orange in dark theme.

Azurro

Banned
I like the sandwich button to the left to navigate to other forums, and most of the dark theme is very good, except for the bright orange color.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but even the search bar of the browser is bright orange (mobile version), and it clashes a lot, and is kind of defeating the purpose of a dark theme. The bright orange accents around boxes and buttons are nice, but the big orange bar on top is not a great user experience in the dark.

Would you consider making the bar on top black, and maybe make the accent colors a darker shade of orange? I'm posting from an S9+ using Samsung's browser, if the information helps.

Top Bottom