• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix, FX, CW (And others) Shut Down Productions

bitbydeath

Netflix is shutting down all of its scripted productions in North America, more than 70 shows will be impacted including the fourth season of “Stranger Things”.

FX has shut down its shows currently in production including the third season of “Atlanta,” the fourth seasons of “Fargo” and “Snowfall,” and the new series based on the “Y: The Last Man” comic.

The CW has closed down “The 100,” “Batwoman,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl” and “Dynasty”.

Apple TV+ has shut down all its active productions as well including “See,” “Servant,” “For All Mankind” and “Mythic Quest”.

Also Fox, ABC and The CW – like CBS and NBC earlier this week – have scrapped their annual live Fall TV Upfront presentations.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Disney+ is going to continue not working on an Obi wan or any other show. A spokesman stated "Virus, what virus? I mean yes, it is because of the virus"

Last edited:
So no new sports, TV shows, or movies if there's a quarantine?

Time to go through my gaming backlog I guess.

Matrix 4 is in pre-production in Berlin, the cast arrived there this week lol. LOTR and Batman are still shooting. Shutting them down will cost a fortune - that's how World War Z's budget exploded.

Is the Witcher filming in north america?

It was filming in a British studio and Kristofer Hivju was tested positive for coronachan.
It's mostly shot in Hungary, plus a bit of Poland and Spain.

Batman, The Little Mermaid and Jurassic World 3 were shut down while filming in the UK, Matrix at Babelsberg in Berlin (the US portion is done) and LOTR in Auckland. Shang-Chi was shut down in Australia. I think Ridley Scott's The Last Duel was shooting in Spain, hopefully he gets to finish it lol

Variety article about the impact of the virus:

Director George Miller, for instance, has been meeting with names including Anya Taylor-Joy for his “Furiousa” spin-off, which he hopes to start shooting in 2021.

Of course, Miller is making concessions to coronavirus — those auditions have taken place via Skype.

Top Bottom