• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EA game for Wii: Ninja Reflex

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I really hope EA doesn't start replacing the Godfathers and Burnouts on the Wii with shit like this. Or maybe we're paying way too much attention to every game announced for the Wii. I don't think we made a debut topic for every PS2 game did we?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hey, the graphics aren't bad. A little more professional than EA Playground at least.

Still though... wasted potential there.

Jacobi

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
I really hope EA doesn't start replacing the Godfathers and Burnouts on the Wii with shit like this. Or maybe we're paying way too much attention to every game announced for the Wii. I don't think we made a debut topic for every PS2 game did we?
The Wii has enough Burnouts. I can't even count em anymore

wsippel

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Bingo.

Kifimbo

Here's the PR.

EA and Nunchuck Games Team Up to Co-Publish Ninja Reflex
Party Game for Wii and Nintendo DS Will Challenge Gamers to Develop the Reflexes of a Ninja in March 2008

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Do you have what it takes to be a ninja? Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced it has teamed with Nunchuck Games Inc. to co-publish the unique action party game, Ninja Reflex™ for the Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ in March 2008. The game is being developed by Sanzaru Games and will be co-published in North America and Europe by EA Partners (EAP) and Nunchuck Games.

Ninja Reflex uses a series of martial arts challenges to test gamers’ reflexes and measure their reaction times with millisecond precision. As players develop their ninja skills, they will strive to earn a black belt from their own personal Sensei. Players can also compete for ninja supremacy against their friends in fierce multiplayer battles with up to four players.

“Ninja Reflex channels the accessible multiplayer fun of Wii Sports and the self-improvement aspect of Brain Age into a martial arts universe that is ideally suited for the Wii and Nintendo DS,” said David Luntz, President and CEO of Nunchuck Games. “Nunchuck Games is thrilled to team up with EA Partners to bring Ninja Reflex to gamers everywhere.”

“Ninja Reflex trains players to be better gamers by sharpening their speed and skill, and is exactly the kind of unique concept and creative design that EAP helps bring to market on a global stage,” said David DeMartini, Vice President and General Manager of EA Partners. “EA Partners brings the same publishing resources to bear for up-and-coming partners like Nunchuck Games as it does for legendary teams like Valve and Harmonix, helping foster the independent game development community by giving studios of all sizes a chance to publish their games around the world.”

Nunchuck Games was founded in 2006 by industry veteran David Luntz, who had previously been the founder of Z-Axis Studios.

Ninja Reflex is not yet rated by the ESRB. Visit www.esrb.org for updated rating information. More information about Ninja Reflex is available at www.ninjareflex.com.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
So anuther minigame collection, with a gimmic of ninjas and honing one's speed and skills.

I played the game quite a bit a few weeks back. Its really not that bad! Particularly the nunchuck-wielding minigame. Though it did feel as if more could have been done... I believe it will retails for $40 when I asked, and that's $20 too much.

No6

Shaheed79 said:
Threads haven't been made for the vast majority of Wii garbage (the "80 Wii exclusives" PR really consists of "next-gen exclusive to Wii (but also on PS2)", and are things like Rig Racer 2), but instead from publishers who are clearly putting the low-cost dev team on the low-cost console while saving the quality teams for anything else. Besides, who's to say what constitutes shit when the userbase's standards are
Day one. Looks fun
obviously nonexistant?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
You know, there is a good side to the weirdness that is EA producing odd games... they are actually making NEW GAMES FOR ONCE.

(Cue rants)

Amir0x

Banned
Man, that's something I always thought was missing. A mini-game collection themed on Ninjas. Definitely a day one here, boys.

8a3vkm1.jpg

Top Bottom