• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nvidia RTX 4000 Adola Lovelace Cards Announced | RTX 4090 (1599$) October 12th | RTX 4080 (1199$)

PhoenixTank

define for a bit.

And when the shortage end, do we get overpriced stuff?
A few weeks to a month I would imagine. No guarantees of course.
I don't see the same quantity of folks running out to get these like the 3000 series at launch.

All smells a bit like a repeat of Pascal to Turing here, except claimed performance increases are nicer.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
:messenger_grinning_sweat: @ people complaining about the price of graphics cards. It's not water or electricity. Don't like it, don't buy it.

get-the-hell-outta-here.gif

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It's not just pricing. Aren't you least bit annoyed that your brand new 3090 which you spent a year trying to get is being made obsolete in a couple months time? Don't be a corporate shill please.

1. It's been 2 years
2. It's called progress

3090 is not obsolete. You can still use it for years and years. It will last you this entire console generation and then some. What you're experiencing is fear of missing out on the best of the best.

Every company exists to make profit. It's not a charity, damn it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
that TUF gaming looks decent. might go for one of those.

I need to see where AIBs price these.

tuf WAS msrp last time and performed really, really well.

Last edited:
It's not just pricing. Aren't you least bit annoyed that your brand new 3090 which you spent a year trying to get is being made obsolete in a couple months time? Don't be a corporate shill please.

I agree to some extent, but such is the nature of progress and competition. We can say this about many products, especially phones.

The pricing is shit, although 4090 is not as bad but that 4080.....yikes.

Elios83

A card that costs like a full PC 👀 :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I guess the marketing strategy is that they didn't want to delay the launch because they don't want the competition to introduce something new before them but at the same time the warehouses are full of the old cards, so until those are phased out the new cards will be priced astronomically to rip off early adopters.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Let me guess; they’re going to roll the 4070 out at $599.

Nvidia can fuck right off. They’ve been jacking up the prices at every tier. A mortgage payment for a GPU. It’s beyond stupid.

LordCBH

I agree to some extent, but such is the nature of progress and competition. We can say this about many products, especially phones.

The pricing is shit, although 4090 is not as bad but that 4080.....yikes.

For real. For the price they want for the actual 4080 (because the 12 GB version is a fucking rebranded 4070) I’d rather spend a little bit more and get the 90

lachesis

Well, 4080 or not, I'm up for a new pc building later this year or next year.
I don't think I can't hold onto my 3930k + 970 combo any longer.

But damn. Not sure if any of those cards would fit into my FT02 case. May need to invest in a new case for a new build.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm very sceptical of DFs Nvidia coverage given how many sponsored pieces they've done for them. Comparing framerate percentage of 3090 Ti against 4090 with frame interpolation seems disingenuous.

They aren't even subtle about being PR mouthpieces anymore.

I'll wait for reviews from the likes of gamers nexus. Even hardware unboxed have more credence than these guys when it comes to PC benchmarking.

CuNi

Honestly interested in sales of those things.

I got a 3080 and don't plan changing till 5XXX at least, perhaps even 6XXX Series.
Prices are Insane in those times of recession, power draw also mind boggling high.
Especially in Europe, prices are climbing to new highs day after day, inflation hitting hard and then those cards are not only more expensive but also more power hungry.

Weirdly, this kinda contradicts his statement of his vision that GPUs "inch towards prices of consoles".
I am sure NVIDIA will still sell a shitload of those cards, but I honestly doubt they will make the big buck they think they'll do with current situation + mining being dead.

Lmao get fucked Nvidia.

They're pricing it like this, so that there is downward pressure on the RTX3000 series cards, so they can clear those channels.
AIB's are going to get fucked by this move. Early adopters of Lovelace are also going to get fucked.

If you buy a RTX 4000 series card now, enjoy the FOMO in 6 months after RDNA3 launches and Nvidia slash prices.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
not the best example. cp2077 runs like trash even on 3080.... unless you play 1080p with dlss ?
What do you consider to be trash? I think 60-90 fps at 1440p for a single player game is decent. It doesn't handle Raytracing very well true, but in the minute to minute play, I'm not really paying much attention to that. The runs smooth to me. If the game was new and I just had to have the best performance available maybe I could see a justification. However, no shot I justify $900 -$1200 to achieve that. Price to performance and applicability just doesn't cut it for me.

If the price for the 16 gb 4080 was say....I dunno $799...I'd probably bite.

For real. For the price they want for the actual 4080 (because the 12 GB version is a fucking rebranded 4070) I’d rather spend a little bit more and get the 90

If you actually go ahead and pay more, you and everyone else like you, are the reason prices will keep creeping ever upwards and upwards.

lmimmfn

Lol, good luck Nvidia, happy to stick with my 1080Ti.
It'll be interesting what the prices will be when we're deep in recession mid next year.

Top Bottom