• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new PGR3 picture, look at the heat effect

olimario

Banned
I like the reflections more than I like the seemingly contained heat effect.
Give me gameplay movies!

EDIT:
This is why I wasn't impressed with the last batch of screens. This look so much better.
tvrsa9ky.jpg

FiRez

I hope someday they take the time to explain any changes to the Kudos system..............................they're still using it...right?

VNZ

Well, that effect has been quite common this gen. Even the first Jak & Daxter game had it over every torch lighting up the surroundings.

Lo-Volt

That looks great, but I'm equally interested in the controller shot they have in that update. The X360's controller looks great in real-life situations.

Gek54

Lo-Volt said:
That looks great, but I'm equally interested in the controller shot they have in that update. The X360's controller looks great in real-life situations.

Until all the dirt and grime gets all over the controller. Black controler please.

newsguy

Gek54 said:
Until all the dirt and grime gets all over the controller. Black controler please.

Do you live in a warzone? I own a dreamcast and the controller still looks like it did on day 1.

Ruzbeh

Banned
olimario said:
It's not the heat effect, it's the vastly improved car model.
Yes. I really don't understand the people that were already impressed with the early PGR3 shots. Why won't they just admit that those shots are basically standard Xbox 1 graphics with bloom lighting?

Anyway. This looks much better.

Ranger X

olimario said:
It's not the heat effect, it's the vastly improved car model.

I think it needs more pictures to really affirm this statement. But i think that the final game will indeed look better, the left screenshot is really starting to date.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Ruzbeh said:
Yes. I really don't understand the people that were already impressed with the early PGR3 shots. Why won't they just admit that those shots are basically standard Xbox 1 graphics with bloom lighting?

Because they aren't? Time for an eye exam. :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Newbie said:
fucking exactly, every screen with the TVR looks worse than the other screenshots
Bizarre/MS have to get a special permission for every screenshot of the non final game with a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Lo-Volt

Gek54 said:

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers solve that problem with my iBook; I don't see why they wouldn't work with this or the X360 itself.

Gek54

Blimblim said:
Bizarre/MS have to get a special permission for every screenshot of the non final game with a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Jeezus, no wonder Sony wouldnt deal with them, though they should have.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
midnightguy said:
all the nice graphics will only be worthwhile if PGR3 can maintain a consistant 60 FPS.

Yes.

Well, that or 30 fps with temporal motion blur. :p

Gek54

Ruzbeh said:
You'd think that's some kind of spacial anomaly that you would only encounter in Star Trek games. :/

I wonder who in this thread could be a trekie that never sees the light of day.

FightyF

Banned
Didn't Vice City on the Xbox even have this effect? C'MON!

Anyways, it's nice that they have it, but what I really want to see are some unreal smoke effects. Just like how some drift racers just spit it out like crazy, that'd be cool to see it here (not overdone of course, but especially during the start and during some crazy crazy high speed high acceleration drifts.

Agreed, I didn't notice it until it was pointed out, but that is indeed a vastly superior car model. Also, the reflections seem to look more natural and less mirror like.

This is, hands down, the game I'm most excited about next gen(well...this and NG2) and the main reason I'll be picking up a 360 at launch. I spent SO much time playing PGR2. I think my counter was up to like 4 or 500 hours. Matter of fact, I think I'm gonna go play some now.

Top Bottom