• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Plus is live in the US | Sony’s classic PlayStation games on PS Plus are 60hz in North America

Draugoth

Gold Member
The North American version of Sony’s revamped PlayStation Plus service has gone live in the region, confirming several new games and NTSC versions of PSOne classics.

FVIc9GUWYAUD7Zh

Resident Evil Director's Cut "Experience Resident Evil Director’s Cut originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters."

Last edited:

Agent X

I thought Super Stardust Portable was supposed to be in this batch of games. I was really looking forward to giving that game a whirl on the big screen.

In any case, I'm happy to hear they went with NTSC versions of the PS1 games. There are several games in that list that I want to try.

Ellery

So far the newer tiers of PS+ are not that interesting for me personally, but additions of older games (especially PS1) could convince me otherwise.
Seeing RE 1 DC makes me happy and I would love for more PS1 games to be on the service.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They should just released the US versions in the UK.
we don't need anything but English language. it's not like anyone that don't speak English here speaks the European languages anyway..

Three

They should just released the US versions in the UK.
we don't need anything but English language. it's not like anyone that don't speak English here speaks the European languages anyway..
True but thinking about this does this mean they would require reclassification too or do they already need that anyway?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
True but thinking about this does this mean they would require reclassification too or do they already need that anyway?
if it's a new release...yes, but Resident Evil DC,2 and 3 was the NTSC versions when they released here on PSN.

Three

Not all is available to buy eh?
Why do you say that? The reason some of them have no price is because they have the -100%. Meaning they are free.
Why in the hell was 50hz in Europe to begin with. Was not Sony’s fault.
dont know. PAL seems to have no advantages at all. so dont know why it even exists.
It's to do with the AC frequency of our power lines and therefore our CRT TVs back then.

Last edited:

Kilau

Can't wait to see the full library (above 700 games) on todays PS+ Premium release...

Tv Show Lol GIF
Here's the list.

ManaByte

I own RE DC digitally and have it downloaded on my Vita but PS+ doesn’t give me the option of downloading the one I own, only the PS+ version.
rOxdOer.jpg

Dr Kaneda

For the PS4/PS5/ games that you CAN download but are in the higher tiers (extra/premium) like say RRD2 for example, do you get to keep them forever (as long as you have a membership obviously) or once they cycle out of rotation are they unplayable? Like Gamepass sort of thing?

ReBurn

Gold Member
For the PS4/PS5/ games that you CAN download but are in the higher tiers (extra/premium) like say RRD2 for example, do you get to keep them forever (as long as you have a membership obviously) or once they cycle out of rotation are they unplayable? Like Gamepass sort of thing?
I can't see how they wouldn't expire once they leave the service

Kilau

So am I supposed to "upgrade" my membership now? This isn't super clear, the email made it seem like it would happen automatically but the website is acting like I don't have Plus at all.

Mithos

ManaByte

So am I supposed to "upgrade" my membership now? This isn't super clear, the email made it seem like it would happen automatically but the website is acting like I don't have Plus at all.
Give it time. It’s rolling out slowly. Mine was doing the same but now it shows as Premium.

Dr Kaneda

I can't see how they wouldn't expire once they leave the service
Like on old PS+ (now PS+ essential) once you downloaded the games for that month they didn't disappear/expire from you library the next month when they rotated out. You can still play them if you're already downloaded/even redownload them from you library. You don't think that would happen with Extra/Premium?

sainraja

Sony should honor our purchases from the past when it comes to the PS1 classics (very disappointing). Oddly, there are some PS1 games you can add to your library for FREE (some of the ones I added, I did purchase in the past but I can't do that with RE1: DC). I am on Essential btw.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Are you even using it? I’ve been downloading stuff for the last half hour. You add them to your library like all other PS+ games.
That doesn't mean you get to keep them forever. I have P.T. in my library but I can't download it any more.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

May as well ask why Europe uses 220/240v as domestic mains standard. Basically its all a product of the needs of the national electricity grid and how step-downs are affected by the distance the current is being carried!

50hz on its own is fine. Back then playing pal games running at 50fps on a 50hz was bearable, mostly.

The problem is playing 50fps games interpolated to 60fps. This is way worse that what the Europeans got (50fps on 50hz). This means constant stutters even if the game you play never drops a frame.

Top Bottom