• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wes Anderson movie: Isle Of Dogs (Cast, concept art inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also win a role in the film as a dog by donating to the Film Foundation. Details at the link.

TheFilmStage said:
It’s been over a year since we learned that Wes Anderson would be returning to the world of stop-motion and instead of foxes this time around, he’ll be bringing dogs to life in a Japanese-inspired tale. With recent word that he was already in London working on the pre-production, a new video has arrived featuring the announcement that production has started, with the full cast list, concept art and a character tease.

Anderson doesn’t reveal any plot details, but he does confirm that Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Jeff Goldblum, Bob Balaban, Scarlett Johansson, Bryan Cranston, F. Murray Abraham, Tilda Swinton, Greta Gerwig, Frances McDormand, Liev Schreiber, Kunichi Nomura, Akira Ito, Akira Takayama, Koyu Rankin, Yoko Ono, and Courtney B. Vance all have roles in the feature.

sZmRMXy.jpg

Concept art:

Isle-of-Dogs-1.png

Isle-of-Dogs-poster-620x936.jpeg

TissueBox

Awwha yiss -- unleash the quirkiness!! Interesting to see him come back to stop-motion with a Japanese bent; looks like some Anderson regulars are returning quite sizably too as to be expected.

Any case, hope to learn more about it soon..!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Fantastic Mr. Fox is easily one of the best stop-motion films of all time, I'm excited on this just on the idea of "Wes Anderson + Stop-Motion" alone.

Thanks for the link! So hyped for this. I think it'll be 2018 probably, although it was revealed in late summer Ws Anderson was already working on it. It could have just been pre-production though.

just replace Yoko Ono with Ralph Fiennes and this would be perfect

but for real Mr. Fantastic Fox was so good, so Im here for this

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jason Schwartzman or no buy.

Just jokin' , i love me some Wes Anderson.
Watched Bottle Rocket last night. :3

Violet_0

Banned
heh, I had to double-check if the OP was Expendable. after clicking the link

Fantastic Mr. Fox is amazing and Wes Anderson is one of the best, I'm hyped

Saya

I don't even need to know what it's about or who is in it. I'm always up for a new Wes Anderson film.

Glad to see Yoko as part of this movie. She has a very recognizable voice so I'm interested to see how Anderson uses her. Should be great as he always has great casts.

1. Royal Tenenbaums
2. The Life Aquatic
3. Grand Budapest Hotel

ahh they are all so good. I would say Royal is the best though as it is more accessable than The Life Aquatic.

Futureman

are all the Asian actors Japanese? I wonder if we'll get a shiba inu character? My GF is obsessed w/ shibas and we both like Wes.

If you don't have Tenebaums in your top 1 your head is messed up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But, why dogs? There is literally an island of cats in Japan.

Wes plz.

are all the Asian actors Japanese? I wonder if we'll get a shiba inu character? My GF is obsessed w/ shibas and we both like Wes.

If you don't have Tenebaums in your top 1 your head is messed up.
If there's no Shiba then they will have fucked up royally lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom