• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer

chadboban

We cant stop this train

Lol, chances are I'm gonna take one click on that thread and pretty much be

EkZfGYO.gif

Then I'll come back later, read some more responses and be all

7e94030740fc5be5ab4d662bafd328e7.jpg

Effect

I so hope there is an option to go into space in the game. I'm dying not just for a scifi based game on the Wii U but one that has space elements as well where you can pilot something for some period of time. Something like Star Fox 64 isn't enough though. I want something that last longer. Mech piloting, even if on planet, will will address that for me in part. Move that to space, around a station, planet, if for short battles or travel then it would be amazing.

Falcs

Banned
I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but do we know if it's going to be a silent protagonist? I usually assume it is if you can create your own main character.

TheMoon

The cover is placeholder, but it seems like that might be the art for the final cover now that there's a closer image.

The character placement and background are different from the art on the site.

You're right, I hadn't noticed that the background was changed from the website image. Now someone get one of those boxes and scan it already! ;)

Gravidee

One thing I've been wondering about this game is whether or not there's going to be lip-syncing for the dub. It wasn't done for the first Xenoblade so you had a lot of instances where the voices didn't match the mouth movements.

One thing I've been wondering about this game is whether or not there's going to be lip-syncing for the dub. It wasn't done for the first Xenoblade so you had a lot of instances where the voices didn't match the mouth movements.

I doubt they'll put that much effort into the localization (though I'd like to be proven wrong), but I still think it was fine in Xenoblade Chronicles as is. It didn't bother me at all.

chadboban

The cover is placeholder, but it seems like that might be the art for the final cover now that there's a closer image.

The character placement and background are different from the art on the site.

Yeah, I did notice the different character placement from a distance but that we have a closer view of the case we can see that the background is different and we can also see that Lynlee is no longer pointing out into the distance. We may very well be looking at the final boxart here, which is fine by me because it looks fucking awesome!

Edit: Does anyone think this deserves it's own thread. I mean, when we got that small Mario Party 10 boxart someone made a thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959698

Although I'm guessing since Xenoblade Chronicles X already has two pretty large threads mods probably won't want another one.

I would rather they dub more scenes than put effort into lip-sync.

Dub stuff like the Heart-to-Hearts, and give them more battle quotes, I'm okay with flapping mouths.

random25

It's not that bad as I rarely see bad voice acting in the English VA in this game, though with Japanese VAs turned on you'll see less desynch. It'll probably be the same, but I hope they'll make improvementz at least.

TheMoon

made a shoddy mockup to prepare myself for what the European special edition box is gonna look like that will come with a coin or plush Riki or whatever lol.

god damn ratings logos ^^

xenobladexeupreviewoglgl.jpg

edit: or wait, XCX is CERO C this time. Xenoblade was CERO B. So XCX will likely end up with a 16 rating in EU. That would be better since it at least goes with the blue case/turqoise-blueish artwork and logo.

xenobladexeupreviewq4uyn.jpg

Lusankya

edit: or wait, XCX is CERO C this time. Xenoblade was CERO B. So XCX will likely end up with a 16 rating in EU. That would be better since it at least goes with the blue case/turqoise-blueish artwork and logo.

The battles didn't look very brutal to me (no blood, etc) and in the latest trailer there was a provisional PEGI 12 rating. Are there any indicators why it got a CERO C rating this time?

Edit: On the CERO Wiki page are the "contents descriptor icons" listed and stuff that can be in C, but not in B includes "Use of alcohol or tobacco (of minor)" and "Gambling". At least the USK don't give a damn about gambling and legal drugs.

Verger

Banned
I think I'm finally starting to understand people's "frustrations" with Hiroyuki Sawano.

With the E3 2013 trailer music, it has some elements of a good melody, but is completely ruined by the horrible vocals (for me its a personal thing where I really do not like when Japanese singers try to sing in English with terrible translations).

Now with the Exploration Trailer theme, you've got similar thing with some great melodies, but then you bring in that female solo vocal with the repetitive cadence and it's just ear aching. He really needs to tone down the vocals and make the subtle and not so overpowering.

But from what people have said, he's not one to do that. :(

Jotthah

made a shoddy mockup to prepare myself for what the European special edition box is gonna look like that will come with a coin or plush Riki or whatever lol.

god damn ratings logos ^^
*uskLogo*

*USKLogo*

USK Logo is way too small :D
I sincerely hope we get a voting process for the flip cover like they did with xenoblade chronicles, the last story and pandoras tower so we wont have to look at the abomination that is the german usk.
But i highly doubt it would be rated 16+. I mean Bayo 2 is 16+ and that is full of t&a + gore.

krizzx

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/27070248.html

Didn't see a thread in gaf for this, but apparently Xenoblade X is 300 hours long and the size of the world is 400 km (5 X the size of the Xenoblade Chronicles)

I don't know if it means that all content takes 300 hours or just the single player campaign. I remember that it took me over 80 hours to complete Xenoblade Chronicles, and this games is apparently much bigger so...

Didn't see a thread in gaf for this, but apparently Xenoblade X is 300 hours long and the size of the world is 400 km (5 X the size of the Xenoblade Chronicles)

I don't know if it means that all content takes 300 hours or just the single player campaign. I remember that it took me over 80 hours to complete Xenoblade Chronicles, and this games is apparently much bigger so...

jesus christ. I already clocked over 150 hours in xenoblade chronicles. urgh

I still can't believe that we get two of the biggest WiiU games in one year (Zelda U and Xeno X)

massoluk

Banned

Speaking as a dude that loved original Xenoblade, that's a lot of collectathon quests with worthless rewards.

Top Bottom