• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox = Xbox FS?

Meier

Got a survey from Gamespot today in the mail and because of my birthday month I was chosen to answer questions about the Xbox FS. Turns out it is "one of the names being considered for the next-generation Xbox." Other potential options later mentioned are:

Xbox NE
Xbox EV
Xbox 360
Xbox 2
Xbox E
Xbox 247
Xbox HD

For choices later in the survey of which sounds most like a next-gen console, Xbox FS was the name given for the Xbox successor.

mr2mike

Banned
"Xbox 360"
"Xbox 247"

what
the
fuck.

Just call it Xenon or something like that... a random numberd suffix is really lame.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Dave Long said:
Can we just call it DOA in Japan?

Actually, thats kinda ironic and funny on 2 levels cause it was also the best selling game there

What does FS stand for? Frills Suck?

Seriously, you'd think Microsoft would learn not to rely on focus groups after the monstrosity that was the Duke controller. I mean, the 4 main face buttons were squished together, making too easy to hit all 4 at once.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I just did this survey too. Xbox FS is ridiculously bad. It reminds me of GBA SP and N-Gage QD. SP worked, because I got the sense that it was referring to GBA Special, which isn't too far off the mark from what it stands for, and is accurate since it did, in fact, feature some very welcome improvements. N-Gage QD sucks, because it merely wound up standing for a 'upgrade' with LESS features than originally launched, and it's only real improvement is in price point (possibly) and a much needed fix in what Noka KNEW was a disastrous hardware design to begin with.

In the field that asked us to type out what the first thing that came to mind when we saw the name 'Xbox FS' I unflinchingly and without any extra thinking put down 'Xbox Failing System.' I am irked that the survey asked us so much about this stupid, stupid name without even bothering to explain what the name truly represented. For the first half of the survey, I wasn't even all that sure it did represent the next true Xbox, instead of merely an upgraded form of the current one. Bah. The rest of the names on that list sucked ass too. Xbox 2 was the best of 'em, but I feel they should drop the Xbox name entirely.

Mashing

They'll go with Xbox in the name somewhere... They can't damage their xbox brand by trying to rebrand with a new name. Sony doesn't even want to attempt this (and why should they?)

Nintendo on the other hand should go back to the Nintendo brand and drop the Gamecube branding.

Revolution ----> Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System.

Top Bottom