• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexusmod website facing issue due to heavy traffic over popularity of Fallout TV series

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Fallout games are so popular on PC right now that people are flooding the website for mods. Site is unavailable as I made this thread

IMG-4987.jpg

FunkMiller

Yep. I'm one of 'em. Figured I'd give New Vegas a go and am on there trying to get everything from the Viva New Vegas page.

Slower than pensioners fucking.

Pallas

Imagine if Fallout 5 was dropping next month. Would’ve been insane with the crossover appeal. Instead we have old and busted FO4 to fix with mods.
Wasted opportunity, but such a thing would have needed a great deal of planning. I’m just hoping that maybe we could get a show based on TES now at some point but I don’t think Todd, or Amazon thought it’d be this successful.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Wasted opportunity, but such a thing would have needed a great deal of planning. I’m just hoping that maybe we could get a show based on TES now at some point but I don’t think Todd, or Amazon thought it’d be this successful.

The show certainly had a budget. Somebody must’ve believed in the project. Sadly it takes a fuckin decade to make games now so it would be next to impossible to get it to line up. Even a DLC would’ve been big.

Pallas

Fallout is uniquely suited for a show. Elder Scrolls would be terrible.
I think it’s possible. Get the right people on it, a lot of unexplored stuff in the TES lore they can be used for a show. I think there’s a lot more freedom, which can also be a hindrance if you don’t have the right people on it. Amazon would be a good fit for it potentially.

StereoVsn

I contributed as well. Decided to put together another Tale of the Two Wastelands AND was updating mods for Kingdom Come and Fallout 4… 😅

Things were dragging and that’s with the paid Nexus sub, lol.

Buggy Loop

Imagine if Fallout 5 was dropping next month. Would’ve been insane with the crossover appeal. Instead we have old and busted FO4 to fix with mods.

Huge missed opportunity. They must have known they had something special during the pilot. Starfield should have been thrown in the bin for Fallout 5.

If Bethesda is stuck with Elder scroll 6 for years to come and Fallout 5 is not possible, then goddamn, If I was Microsoft, I would rip Fallout from Bethesda's hands and give to Obsidian NOAW. MAKE FALLOUT 5! Trailer in time for Season 2. Maybe maybe a release by Season 4.

Soodanim

It's surprising how much of an impact the show has had on the games' popularity, especially with how these things usually go. Witcher undoubtedly had some impact at first, but that aside I haven't heard of other properties making a big difference.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's surprising how much of an impact the show has had on the games' popularity, especially with how these things usually go. Witcher undoubtedly had some impact at first, but that aside I haven't heard of other properties making a big difference.

Witcher's released caused TW3 to have its best year since the game launched, Last of Us caused both games to re-enter the top 20 NPD sales for that window as well.

It definitely has an impact.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I only downloaded one mod - the high-res texture pack for 3. It did take a long time, but I figured it was just them throttling the free account download speed.

Everything else pales to what this did for its game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom